Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 10:50 PM

Default My biggest pot ever!

Playing at the local B&M last night in the $200 max $2/$5 NLHE game. Was up and down due to some of the loose calling and raising standards of the opponents at the table. Most of them were young and trying to show off.

The hand in question started off with the UTG raising to 3x the BB. Then, one after another, each player after him called. I was on the button, and with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and getting about 7:1 on my money I had to call. The BB and SB called leaving the pot at $135. One of the players said before the flop, "Uh oh, a flush will win this hand."

The flop came 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. It was checked to UTG who went all in for around $460. It slowly got folded to me, but before that one player flipped his hand over showing the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] which took away one of my outs. I still figured I had about 14 outs with an OESD and nut flush draw so I called and everyone else folded.

He turned over a set of 7s. I caught a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the river to win an over $1,000 pot! It sure felt good to pull those chips in and stack them up.

I couldn't believe the way he played the hand, but I am happy he did it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Re: My biggest pot ever!

well you deserve at least one reply

way to go [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 05:10 AM

Says who?

j/k

Tex
Old 11-27-2005, 11:52 AM

Lol, thanks.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:06 PM

fwiw, I'm pretty sure UTG played his hand correctly
Old 11-27-2005, 04:37 PM

NH.

it is sick to think that people post blinds bigger than this.

blake
Old 11-27-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was on the button, and with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].... I caught a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

something doesn't add up.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was on the button, and with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].... I caught a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

something doesn't add up.

[/ QUOTE ]

He caught "a spade" (not THE ACE of spades).
Old 11-27-2005, 07:10 PM

I believe it was the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the river, not entirely sure since I was celebrating at the point.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:13 PM

You don't think a pot sized bet is more appropriate? It should do the job that the overbet attempted to do (by getting most people to fold or call with worst hand) and would have given me a harder time later in the hand since I would have had to call another huge bet with only a roughly 28% chance to win.