Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Inducing the bluff from the donk, good line here?

BoDoG 7500$ Guaranteed
Blinds 150/300

Hero has 7500 in chips
Villain has 14000, and is a huge donk/calling station.

Dealt AQo UTG+1
Raise to 840
Donk calls in MP

Flop Qh 7c 4s
I bet half the pot
Donk Calls

Turn Kc
I check, Donk bets half the pot, I push.

Although thats just about the only card I didn't want to see, I feel I'm only going broke against KQ, a set, or maybe stubborn AK given his donkness. I also feel I get more value out of this than leading and having him fold to second barrel here with a middle pair. I feel he is paying me off with a weaker queen either way. Opinions?
Old 11-06-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Inducing the bluff from the donk, good line here?

Have you seen him play any pots similar to this fashion? That would greatly impact my decision, unless he's just a maniac all around, in which case I hesitantly call.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:48 AM

Why call instead of push? I'll be committed either way, and I may not get a call on the river that I would get here if a scare card comes off (if anything in the deck scares him). If I lead turn, and get raised, I'm in a bad spot. He has the stack to do this, and he has done this before (raising turn with garbage, catching on river). I rather be putting in the last bet, and I like letting him put some more chips in with an underpair or weaker queen. I'm asking if leading the turn is better, or what other lines people would take. I don't see how check-folding could be right.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why call instead of push? I'll be committed either way, and I may not get a call on the river that I would get here if a scare card comes off (if anything in the deck scares him). If I lead turn, and get raised, I'm in a bad spot. He has the stack to do this, and he has done this before (raising turn with garbage, catching on river). I rather be putting in the last bet, and I like letting him put some more chips in with an underpair or weaker queen. I'm asking if leading the turn is better, or what other lines people would take. I don't see how check-folding could be right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking it was the river. Push, not call.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:48 AM

100 views, 1 guy replies, hopefully the day crowd will be rowdier~
Old 11-06-2005, 09:13 AM

He is trying to buy the pot here. He probably has a middle PP. Most Donks will go all in with TP and a decent kicker so no Q. Half the pot to the scare card after your check is donkese for middle or bottom pair. PUSH