FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Your action
Fold 16 47.06%
Call 10 29.41%
Raise 0 0%
Kick the dog 8 23.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2004, 03:59 PM

Default Re: You\'re starting an NFL franchise...

[ QUOTE ]
If i am starting a new franchise in a city that has never had a football team before then vick is the easy choice. The immediate fan base and huge crowds would be worth any dropoff in talent between him and another QB(not that there is any).

Starting a new franchise with the intent to win i would choose either the best offensive lineman in the game or the player with the most trade equity, then trade him in a manner to build a strong o-line.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are 100% correct about the importance of an O-line.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:02 PM

To everyone who picked Manning. This is not fantasy football. No brainer pick: Brady
Old 11-29-2004, 04:02 PM

I'm not a huge fan of his, but Michael Vick would be my pick. To me, you're getting a good (could be great) QB and a decent "RB". If he has decent O-line (as a couple of posters have said, this is HUGE) and just a few other options, he can be one of the best ever.

Would be hard to pass up LT and Peyton, though.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To everyone who picked Manning. This is not fantasy football. No brainer pick: Brady

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, somebody must be a Patriots fan. Don't get me wrong, I think Brady is very good and love to see a Michigan alum doing well, but he is not, and never will be anywhere close to Manning.

Rick Diesel
Old 11-29-2004, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Finding a good RB is easy. Drafting one 1st is extremely foolish in either scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not talking fantasy here. Finding a RB who will get you 1,000 yards may not be so hard. Finding a young, proven RB, who has shown he can produce with a suspect O-line, and who has not missed much time to injury, is not so easy.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To Pats fans. This is not a fantasy world. The answer is Peyton and its not even close. He's got 10x the football ability and field vision of Tom Brady. Brady's good, but not as good as Manning.

-Edge
Old 11-29-2004, 04:21 PM

1 manning
2 LT

and then trade them both for Bill Bellichiek.

and manning isn't better than brady. people who don't watch the pats regularly don't realize the huge benefit of a QB who never makes mistakes. also manning been in the league what 6-7 years starting all of them. manning will be the drew bledsoe of his generation. the game will pass him by. brady obviously we'll be the joe montana. 3 outta 4 baby
Old 11-29-2004, 04:22 PM

Now that i think about it more, there is no way that i would ever use the first pick in either draft. There is always someone who is willing to give up to much to obtain one player (ditka for ricky, davis for winslow, the herschal walker trade all come to mind). I would much rather get 2-3 top level football players than one hall of famer.
Ohh, and i would trade any one pick to have Bill Belicheck as my head coach.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:27 PM

Tom Brady never makes mistakes? Let's look at this season alone...

Manning: 3196 yards, 41 TDs, 7 INTs, 126.6 passer rating

Brady: 2614 yards, 18 TDs, 8 INTs, 91.3 passer rating

Sure, you can say all you want about the two titles he's got, but without such a killer defense, New England isn't anywhere NEAR as good a team. Peyton's the clear call here.

Oh yeah, and Brady STILL fumbled in that game vs. Oakland. One different call, Pats don't even GO to the Super Bowl that year...remember that.

EDIT TO ADD: 12 of 30 QBs listed on NFL.com's stats page have fewer INTs than Brady this year, including Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb, and Josh McCown. Chad Pennington only has 3. Mistakes?

-Edge
Old 11-29-2004, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people who don't watch the pats regularly don't realize the huge benefit of a QB who never makes mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have watched many Pats games, and they have made me realize the huge benefit of having the best defense in the league behind you, and the best offensive line in the league in front of you.

Also, I love how classy you are about Drew Bledsoe. The guy helped you win a super bowl, for god's sake.