Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Freshly Played Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Entity? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...my bad.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also in agreement with rob that the free card play with overcards is probably one of the most overused plays by 2+2ers... I have been playing them much more passively as well ever since that amazing thread that Nate started a few months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you please post a link if you have it. Thanks
Old 11-17-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also in agreement with rob that the free card play with overcards is probably one of the most overused plays by 2+2ers... I have been playing them much more passively as well ever since that amazing thread that Nate started a few months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you please post a link if you have it. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
Bump. I tried to search for this thread, but couldn't find it. Anyone got a link?
Old 11-17-2005, 04:36 PM

sorry i missed the request earlier...

it's here
Old 11-25-2005, 12:35 PM

Hello, I am new to this forum, and I have to admit a little new to poker in general...but they say you have to ask to learn, so forgive me if I am missing some basic concepts.

I have read the posts, and the range of hands that might be applicable with their following discussions.

So, here is my question.

Based on the way the hand proceeds, why can't we put Zak on AA, KK, QQ, JJ, A(d)K(d), A(d)Q(d)? Though each individually has a small percentage of actually being present, they do seem to be consistant (at least from my limited understanding) with the way the hand proceeds...very aggressive up front, and then slows when the second 6 appears (over-pair concerned about hero with trips?...very unlikely but possible...or realizing hero probably has an over pair as well / Zak realizs he has him beat (a majority of the time unless he is outdrawn) and is trying to increase overall expectation by allowing TWO players to see the next card.

Just a thought.

I will check back to see what you all think.

Fammy
Old 11-30-2005, 02:20 AM

I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly, but those hands were counted into the equity calculation. Given the action, I think it is pretty safe to assume a distribution of these hands (and the other likely possibilities) based on their combination likelihoods.

One more thing, doesn't forgoing a small flop edge allow us to protect our hand better on the turn, regardless of our position? If the donk has an ace-low or king-low 3-outer, wouldn't forgoing the 3-bet allow us to protect? How relevant is the protection factor here?

I don't see a problem bringing this post back, since I didn't catch it the first time.

Mike