Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 04:41 AM

Default Re: So I Kicked an Old Lady to the Curb Tonite (long)

You should've called her a cab so your friends could stay and kick it.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:57 AM

Your friend showed he had no balls by not telling grandma to stay home and watch a movie because he was going to a party with friends. Instead he decides to share grandma's reign of terror with his friends.

You did what any reasonable adult would have done. You gave grandma several hints and warnings and when she ignored them you asked her to leave.

The only thing missing from this fine story is a Milwaukee Best can falling on your p-whipped friend's head.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:03 PM

Here is a dramatic recreation of the events depicted in the OP.

Video (20-30 secs)
Old 12-19-2005, 01:21 PM

For those that care, here is the update. I went to the Lions game with my buddy yesterday. Other than the phone call late Friday night, I hadnt talked to him before the game. No comment about the game other than I was disappointed in that I thought there would be a lot more orange there (though I did like the march around the stadium beforehand).

I guess she finally came out of her room on Saturday morning, and just kind of played it off as if nothing had happened. Wife/granddaughter (who it turns out had not spoken to grandma like I had asked before the incident) told her that she acted like a bitch and daughter was embarrased since both other couples were somewhat insulted/bothered by grandma's behavior also. Grandma apologized to the wife and said that she was feeling a little depressed being the holidays and all, but declined to call and apologize to me because I was "rude" to her, and said that she would like to not ever see me again (shocking, I know). Oh well, no skin off my teeth since I dont have to hang with her old bat-ass again. We have another party on Thursday night with the same group of friends, which I have been told grandma is not invited to.

RDH - That is sweet. I could have used him on Friday.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:43 PM

Good work. Unfortunately, my grandma's become an old nag too...I only see her at holidays and funerals. My great aunt is a nice old widow who bends over backwards to still cook and help out. She's a sweetheart.

ScottieK
Old 12-19-2005, 04:18 PM

Awesome post. Nice work man.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:40 PM

The update makes it even sweeter for you. Had you not said anything to her (as some of the panty-waists on here were suggesting), you would have had to put up with at least one more repeat performance. Now you'll never have to deal with her again. This couldn't have worked out better for you.

Too many people are willing to put up with boorish behaviour from others, especially when this behaviour comes from family and friends. This only encourages the boors to keep acting the way they do, without any consideration for those around them. Chances are "grandma" had never been told off before. I doubt very much that she'll learn from her experience, but at least the next day she seemed to acknowledge the fact that she was in the wrong.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:15 PM

Nice job with the situation. Way to make us fellow Wolverines (and Lions) fans proud...