Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 08:47 AM

Default Suited broadways - / + ev?

General question. I know that hands like KJo and QJo as well as J10 etc can be a very bad decisiion to play preflop from just about any positionbecause when they do hit their pair, the usually lose to a better hand. they make too many second best hands

however when we introduce the SUITED factor now they also have a much greater flush posibility. in a multiway pot (esp w/ a raise) is it recommended to play these suited connected broadways (specifically J10s and QJs if you play for strictly STRAIGHT AND FLUSH VALUE and will easily fold to a raise if flopping top pair or do these flushs/straights not hit oftwn enuf for them to be +ev?
Old 11-19-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Suited broadways - / + ev?

*edit* Just realized i wasnt contributing to your question, anywho this is what i think *edit*

I think they are definitely playable in shorthanden (max 6) games. Especially from CO and BTN. Only thing to remember is to tread carefully if you do hit just a pair and nothing else. Ev vise im not sure where they stand but i think someone else in here will be able to answer that.

But it wouldnt be to hard to figure out where you stand.

Just my thoughts about it.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2005, 09:27 AM

In a raised multiway pot i'll play JTs, QJs, KQs every time. QTs occasionally but KTs almost never.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:37 AM

QJs, JTs, and KJs are some of the most profitable hands in poker, so I'd say they're definitely playable[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

When and how to play them is of course debateable. I'll limp/raise these hands depending on the table conditions and the size of the stacks involved position etc...
Old 11-19-2005, 09:43 AM

POSITION
Old 11-19-2005, 02:04 PM

Limp-Raise or was that you'll limp and you'll raise in certain spots. Don't confuse me like that, limp raising with these suited connectors is giving me a headache just thinking about it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ed S.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:07 PM

Hehe, I meant sometimes I limp them, sometimes I raise them...I don't think I've limp-reraised with any hand in NL or Limit.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:17 PM

In my experience: KJs > KQs

Broadways are playable in position. Except for KTo, toss it.