Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 11:33 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Re: Pokerstars reload bonus......reality of clearing it in S&G\'s???

Hi Doc,

I think the answer will be:

1) Yes
2) No
3) you get 5 FPP for every fee dollar Example, 10$+1$ SNG earns you 5 FPP, so it will take a while playing only low-buy-in SNGs.

Take care,
William
Old 02-09-2004, 12:04 PM

William,
The answer I got was

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) you get 5 FPP for every fee dollar Example, 10$+1$ SNG earns you 5 FPP, so it will take a while playing only low-buy-in SNGs.

3) was exactly as you said. I e-md them back because i still don't understand it. As I understand it they will put 20% in a bonus acct. You have to play $x of raked hands before the bonus is cleared and becomes real money. I don't understand how FPPs are related, or what i have to do to clear the bonus playing sng's or tourns instead of ring games.

Explanation?

I will post response if i get a coherent one from stars.
(Maybe the 20% is automatic, added to cash acct immediately without having to clear it as on other sites?)

Doc
Old 02-09-2004, 12:17 PM

Doc,

Lets say you make a 600$ deposit to take full advantage of the promotion. That will qualify you for a 120$ bonus.

When you log in at Stars and go to the cashiers, ther is a brown button "check my bonus status" there you can see the ammount you deposited and how many FPP you have earned since the deposit.
The 120$ are only moved to your account when you have earned 600 FPP playing at Stars, This way the site gets something for their money, forcing you to play a certain amount of raked games or SNGs.
If you do deposit 600$ and only play 10$ SNG, you will need to play 120 SNGs before the 120$ are moved to your account (120 x 5 = 600).

The good news is that there is no limitation to the amount of time you have to clear the bonus and that you can cashout your original 600$ deposit after 2 or 3 days(this, thiough I am only 95% sure, so you need to check)

good luck,
William
Old 02-09-2004, 12:36 PM

I have withdrawn the money before and continued to clear the bonus. William was likely wrong about one point, if you email them they will extend the bonus time frame (at least they have for me every time I have asked).
Old 02-09-2004, 01:02 PM

It was the FPP part that confused me. Actually a better deal than some other sites, even tho prob takes a while to clear on sng's.

Here is the content of e-m from stars:

__________________________________________________ _____
- You may make one deposit that is eligible for the deposit bonus. The maximum deposit that qualifies for the bonus is $600, which will earn you a potential $120 bonus.

- Only the first deposit during the promotion period is eligible for the deposit bonus.

We understand that players may encounter some delays in making a deposit, and we will gladly extend the bonus period a day or two.

I'm a little unclear as to what you are asking in #3. Players earn 5 FPPs for every dollar in the tournament fee (the second figure in the tournament registration cost. IE: 10+1).

Clarification from Stars website on FPP’s:

To earn the deposit bonus, you must earn FPPs, equal to your qualifying deposit, beginning when you make your qualifying deposit. For example, if you deposit $500, making you eligible for a $100 bonus, you must earn 500 FPPs to receive your $100 pending bonus.
__________________________________________________ _____

Doc
Old 02-09-2004, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The good news is that there is no limitation to the amount of time you have to clear the bonus and that you can cashout your original 600$ deposit after 2 or 3 days(this, thiough I am only 95% sure, so you need to check)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually NOT true. I was looking at the terms this morning, and if you make ANY cashout before your bonus is cleared, then your bonus is void. This gave me a little pause. I can play 120 SNGs, but it will take a while, and I don't know if I care to have all that money stuck there, especially since lately this isn't really my favorite place to play SNGs anyways.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:46 PM

I can't find that statemet.

Stars Bonus Rules
Old 02-09-2004, 02:02 PM

The page at Stars says that if you make a withdrawal before a QUALIFYING deposit, then the bonus offer is void. If you make the deposit and THEN withdraw, everything looks to be okay.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually NOT true. I was looking at the terms this morning, and if you make ANY cashout before your bonus is cleared, then your bonus is void. This gave me a little pause. I can play 120 SNGs, but it will take a while, and I don't know if I care to have all that money stuck there, especially since lately this isn't really my favorite place to play SNGs anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-09-2004, 02:22 PM

Heyrocker, you're wrong about this. You can make a deposit and then withdraw the funds whenever you want without affecting your bonus.

It is explained clearly on the PokerStars page which William linked to and in this post by Microboy.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:31 PM

Ah, in this statement:

If you cash out any amount from your PokerStars account during the Bonus Period prior to making a qualifying deposit, you are ineligible for the deposit bonus.

I obviously missed the "prior to making a qualifying deposit" part when I was reading this this morning. My mistake. No reason at all not to do it now.