Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2003, 05:13 PM

Default 25 hands for your viewing pleasure

Here are some hands from the past 2 weeks that I’ve played online. I believe all of them are $5-10 unless otherwise specified. I think I might be missing river bets on many of my hands.

If I have any comments on the play it will be after the hand # proceeding the play of the hand.

1. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP. I open limp and its folded to the BB who raises. This guy was raising a lot of hands preflop, he wasn’t a complete maniac but rather someone who seemed to have read Play Poker Like the Pros so I decided to play with him. I limped at the table to limp raise (first time I’ve ever limped with intentions of raising in limit holdem, mainly because I stood a good chance of being able to do this with these table conditions) but now since it was heads up I decided to change plans and let Hellmuth jr. fire away.

Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets, I raise, BB re-raises, I call

Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, I raise, BB calls

River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet and he calls

I win with my AA, BB had As Kh

2. I open raise UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], utg+1 cold calls (not a maniac, but somewhat loose-aggressive), BB calls.

Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet $5, +1 raises it to $10, I play weak and call

Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, +1 bets $10, I raise to $20, +1 calls.

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet out, he folds showing 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

3. MP new to the game posts $5, I open raise from utg+1 with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], MP calls, cutoff 3 bets, SB caps it, I call, MP folds, cutoff calls.

Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, I raise, cutoff cold calls, SB re-raises, I wuss out and call

Turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks (aha!), I bet, cutoff and SB call

River 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me again, I bet and they both call.

Cutoff had Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I chop it with SB who had the case Kings

4. I open raise from utg+1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], player on my right cold calls, BB calls.

Flop is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, I raise, EP folds, BB calls.

Turn is T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet and he calls.

River is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check it through, my Qs are good, BB had pocket 7s

5. I have K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the big blind, new MP posts $5. UTG calls, MP checks, SB calls, I check.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, UTG and MP call, sb folds

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, UTG calls, MP folds

River is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, mp checks

I win, MP had Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

6. I have T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB, UTG+1 raises, SB calls, I call.

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, +1 folds, sb calls

Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Sb checks, I bet, he thinks for a bit and calls.

River is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Sb checks, I check behind

SB wins with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

7. UTG (tight aggressive who can get tricky sometimes) calls, +1 folds, I’m in EP with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and call, everyone else folds to the BB who checks.

Flop is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG checks, I bet, BB folds utg calls

Turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet, BB raises, I re-raise, BB caps, I call knowing I need a diamond to win here. I three bet because I figured there was a very good chance BB was trying to put me off my hand and figured I have a very good odds of holding the best hand. I clearly gave up on this idea when he capped it.

River J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I call since this was not the type of improvement I was looking for.

UTG wins with 55, 5’s full of jacks.

8. I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button. EP open raises, I call.

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, EP bets, I raise, EP calls

Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check (wussy, I should have bet right?) EP checks

River is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] putting 5 flush on the board.

We both check and it’s a chop neither of us having a heart, EP had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

9. I have 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the SB. EP calls, I call, BB checks

Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, BB bets, EP calls, I raise and both players call.

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet and win the pot

10. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB. UTG calls, EP calls, SB calls, I raise all the limpers who call.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, everyone calls.

Turn is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, everyone calls

River is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, utg folds, other 2 players call

I win with my pair of queens, ep had TT, SB had Jh 8h

11. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the big blind. EP calls, MP calls, SB folds, I check.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, EP bets, MP calls, I raise, EP folds, MP calls

Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet MP calls

River is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, MP folds

Would a check have been better? Possibly would have got him to bluff the flush draw

12. I’m on the button with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG calls, MP calls, MP2 (tight aggressive) raises, I three-bet, SB caps it, BB and UTG folds, everyone else calls.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, MP folds, MP2 raises it, I make a stupid call (I didn’t realize MP had raised and thought I was getting 20-1 on my call), SB calls

Turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, MP2 bets, I fold, SB calls

River was 5h and it was checked around, SB took it down with pocket A’s and MP2 had K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

13. I have 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and open raise from EP. MP cold calls and everyone else folds.

Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet and MP calls

Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, MP raises, I call

River is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check and call, MP wins with TT for a set of tens

14. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button. Utg calls, EP raises, cutoff cold calls, I three bet, utg limp raises thus capping the betting, EP, cutoff and myself all call.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3d

UTG bets, EP raises, cutoff cold calls, I three bet, UTG caps it, EP cutoff and myself call.

Turn is T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Utg bets, EP calls, cutoff folds, I raise with intentions to fold if it is 3 bet, utg and ep call. I’m not worried about a set of kings anymore

River is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Utg checks, ep checks I bet and they both call

I take down a nice pot with my pocket A’s, utg had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and EP had As K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

15. I’m in the cutoff with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Action is folded to the LP on my right who limps, I limp, button limps, SB folds, and BB checks.

Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, LP bets, I call, button raises, LP re-raises, I decide I liked the color of the moon last night and cap it, button folds, BB and LP call.

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I take the free card.

River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked around again, BB shows 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], LP takes it with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

16. I have K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the big blind. It’s folded to the SB who raises, I call.

Flop is

Ks 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets I call

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets I call

River is j [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Sb bets I call

I win with my top pair, SB showed Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

17. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the SB. Button open limps, I raise, BB and button call my raise.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, BB folds, button calls

Turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, button raises, I call

I bet, button raises, I call

Button had K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I win with my higher straight. Should I have check-called the river?

18. I have 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button. EP open raises, its folded to me and I 3 bet knowing it will give me good leverage against this player, both blinds fold.

Flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

EP checks, I bet, EP calls

Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

EP checks, I bet, EP calls

River is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

EP checks, I bet, EP raises, I re-raise thinking he has AK, EP caps the betting and I call

EP wins with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], kings full of deuces.

19. I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the big blind. Utg limps, button limps, I check

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, utg folds, button raises, I call

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, button bets, I call

I check, button bets, I call

I win with my top pair, button had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for middle pair/top kicker.

20. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button. MP open limps, I limp, bb checks

Flops is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, BB folds, MP calls

Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MP checks, I bet, MP calls

River 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

MP checks, I check

I win with my straight, MP showed T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for a pair of tens.

21. I have 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the big blind, cutoff open limps, button folds, sb calls, and I check.

Flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, cutoff calls, SB folds

Turn is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet and cutoff calls

River is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, cutoff bets, I call

I win with pair 9’s, cutoff had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a pair of 3’s.

22. I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in EP. Utg +1 open raises, I 3 bet, MP folds his out of turn blind, SB calls the raises, BB folds, utg+1 calls.

Flop is Ks T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, utg+1 checks, I bet, both call

Turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me again, I bet, sb calls utg+1 folds.

River is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Sb checks, I check behind

SB shows A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and my queens are good.

23. I have K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the cutoff. Its folded to me and I open raise, BB calls.

Flop is As T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet, BB calls

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet BB calls

River is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, I check

BB shows T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , I win with my better kicker.

23. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Ad in EP and open raise. MP cold calls, cutoff cold calls, button cold calls, SB calls and button folds

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, I raise, MP folds, cutoff cold calls, button raises, SB calls, I wuss out on capping and call, cutoff calls.

Turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, cutoff calls, button calls, SB calls.

River is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet, cutoff calls all in for $8, button calls, SB folds.

Cutoff shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and button had Ac Jc for tptk, my Aces hold up and take down the pot.

24. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the cutoff. UTG and EP call, loose cannon in MP raises, I cold call, SB calls and BB folds.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, UTG checks, EP checks, MP bets, I raise, SB and UTG fold, EP calls the 2 bets, MP calls.

Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP and MP check to me, I bet, they call

River is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me again, I bet, EP check-raises, MP folds, I call

EP wins with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], nut flush.

25. This is my second hand at the table and I don’t have a read (or player notes) on any of the players.

I have 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the SB. MP raises, I fold and so does the BB, MP wins the blind money.

Old 09-13-2003, 01:09 PM

Default Re: 25 hands for your viewing pleasure

bump
Old 09-13-2003, 01:49 PM

Default some comments

Hand 2 -- I would bet the turn. That card will make him check most hands that you beat.

Hand 5 -- I would have bet the river.

Hand 9 -- I would usually bet the flop.

Hand 11 -- I wouldn't check the river. He'll pay you off too often, and won't bet often enough.

Hand 13 -- I would reraise the turn.

Hand 16 -- I'd be putting in some raises.

Hand 17 -- I would reraise the turn.

Hand 20 -- I would bet the river.

Hand 22 -- I would bet the river.

Hand 24 -- I would reraise preflop.