Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Need help with a simple and very basic AQo pre-flop/flop question

Lately I've been raising AQo more often against early position raisers with high PFR %'s, where I used to fold this unless the guy was a super LAG. I'm still not sure whether this hand is worth a play in these situations, so opinions on that are appreciated.

So my question is, when your 3 bet is capped pre-flop by the open raiser and then the flop misses you completely (all rags and no backdoor draws) is this just an easy fold right there on the flop, or does anyone peel one card here? Does the answer change if there are blinds or an EP limper to act after you on the flop?

We can assume villians capping range to be fairly normal, with the occasional TT/JJ thrown in.

Thanks,

Nigel
Old 06-27-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Need help with a simple and very basic AQo pre-flop/flop question

Lets assume your opponent will cap 5 hands, (aa-jj, aks). Taking a turn card you are looking for any of the 3 aces or 3 qs. If you hit your q you will win twice in every 5 times this situation arises. If you hit your ace you will win 3 out of 5 times this situation should occur. But since half the time your outs dont make your hand good essentially you are looking at 3:46. the clear play is to fold. Although this isn't exact because aks will arise more, but do to the fact its rarely against another premium hand, the math is close to accurate.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Need help with a simple and very basic AQo pre-flop/flop question

Becham?? 3:46... WTF are you talking about???? 3bet AQo against all raises from MP/LP and from loose raisers from EP. If you don't have a str8/ or runner/runner flush draw do not continue if they 4bet preflop from EP...