Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 11:43 AM

Default 15/30 JTs in a mixed field

Very nice PP 15/30 table. Solid player is UTG, mostly tight and aggressive overall. BadPlayer is just to my right: very fishy, calls way too much, makes many mistakes. SB is to my left, and is fairly loose pre-flop and passive post-flop. BB seems to be weak-tight.

What do you think about my pre-flop cold-call?

What do you think about my raise on the turn after getting 3-bet on the flop?

What do you think about checking behind on the river?

What's your read on SB and UTG? I'll give you mine later and try to justify my actions.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: ResidentParanoid is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BadPlayer calls, ResidentParanoid calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, BadPlayer calls, <font color="#CC3333">ResidentParanoid raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, BadPlayer folds, ResidentParanoid calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">ResidentParanoid raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, ResidentParanoid checks.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results later.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:20 PM

Default Re: 15/30 JTs in a mixed field

this hand should have been folded. but if you decide to play, then the raise on the turn also seems like a mistake. check the river as well.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:38 PM

On the pre-flop CC: Getting 3:1 (likely) on my cold-call, sitting on the button ,with a big donator to my right, and two other readable players, I decided to play this one just a shade loose. One of my rare cold calls, but I think it is correct here.

I think I have to continue to charge draws on the turn so I raise again. With UTG so passive, he's waiting for something. With the flush draw now coming for me, I can make an additional bet on the river if I hit, planning to check behind if not, which is what I did.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:02 PM

I think your line is ok.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB is to my left, and is fairly loose pre-flop and passive post-flop. BB seems to be weak-tight.

SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, BadPlayer calls, <font color="#CC3333">ResidentParanoid raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, BadPlayer folds, ResidentParanoid calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

you just got check/reraised by a passive player post flop who 3 people left to complete the action. I think you are most likely dominated and would have no problem folding.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SB is to my left, and is fairly loose pre-flop and passive post-flop. BB seems to be weak-tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

you just got check/reraised by a passive player post flop who 3 people left to complete the action. I think you are most likely dominated and would have no problem folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, you are often looking at a set here, or top two pair.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:28 PM

I am almost certain I am behind the SB after he check-3-bets the flop. Coming back to me on the flop, I'm getting 19:1 to close the action and see the turn. Normally I'd call in this situation, plus backdoor straight and flush options have me calling easily, with plans to fold on the turn if nothing good happens.

There's no way I can fold the flop with those odds in that situation.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:34 PM

I don't like the turn raise.

SB is likely ahead of you here. He's a passive player who check-3bet the flop and led the turn. He has at worst top pair, and most of those outkick you.

If you knew SB and UTG would call and check to you on the river, your play would be fine. But if the SB has a biggie and 3-bets, you could lose UTG. I don't think UTG is a real threat here ... I'd rather keep him around to pay off on the river with his AJ or scared QQ or whatever.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:34 PM

UTG probably has TT, KQ, or AK
Sb could have a J, two pair, or OESD. I don't think he would go 3 bets with J-bad kiker.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you knew SB and UTG would call and check to you on the river, your play would be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am absolutely expecting SB and UTG to call and check to me. SB I am very sure will do that, since he's not a 3-bet-it twice kind of player unless he has the complete nuts, and even then he might not.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think UTG is a real threat here ... I'd rather keep him around to pay off on the river with his AJ or scared QQ or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG has gone to sleep, so I'm not too worried about him unless something scary hits.