Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Jason, this is the second BIG trips hand...

that you posted where you had to fold. did'nt the other trip hand you had have to be folded because of a flush board?
Old 08-15-2004, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Jason, this is the second BIG trips hand...

Yes it was. But that hand was completely different for a number of reasons.

-Jason
Old 08-15-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: AQ the monster laydown

[ QUOTE ]
Eastbay,

I forget if u play the 50 or 100s. Either way, do you raise or limp AQo in early to mid position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played both, but am currently playing 50s.

In L1/L2, I currently limp for the same reasons you gave, although I have vacillated on this point over time, as there are more idiots in the $55s who will call the raise with Ax.

eastbay
Old 08-15-2004, 02:19 PM

After limping AQ...if flop is Axx...how do you or Jason bet this at early stages? The reason I ask is often LP limper catches the 2pr with his weak A on this flop or thinks his A9 is good...whats the best way to find out from poor position like this?

Btw I have been betting 3xBB here preflop but on low SnG's normally many Ax call here.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:37 PM

Default Details Details!!

"Turn: A diamond. I think and check, crazy fish goes all-in. Right as I am prepared to call, the player on the button calls the all-in. I fold."

So the fish didn't raise you all in on the turs you checked he went all in you folded. Look if you want to play no limit hold'em as a weak tight calling station that's your call. All I am pointing out is it is wrong to limp with AQ as a "rule" and it is also wrong to give draws painless draws. That's all! Just my humble opinion.

What is this stuff about YOUR GAME I thought you were talking about a Single Table on line. Where some of the worst players on the planet live - that's why I like them.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Details Details!!

[ QUOTE ]
"Turn: A diamond. I think and check, crazy fish goes all-in. Right as I am prepared to call, the player on the button calls the all-in. I fold."

So the fish didn't raise you all in on the turs you checked he went all in you folded. Look if you want to play no limit hold'em as a weak tight calling station that's your call. All I am pointing out is it is wrong to limp with AQ as a "rule" and it is also wrong to give draws painless draws. That's all! Just my humble opinion.

What is this stuff about YOUR GAME I thought you were talking about a Single Table on line. Where some of the worst players on the planet live - that's why I like them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike,

Might want to stick around for awhile before coming out firing like this. Jason is no weak-tight calling station and I guarantee you that he doesn't like AQo "as a rule." Only in this particular spot, where his arguments about why make a lot of sense.

And grouping all "Single Table on line" games together is ridiculous. The PP $215s are not inhabited by "the worst players on the planet".

eastbay
Old 08-15-2004, 05:59 PM

if it's a full table, you limp with AQ in early position...if it's folded around to me in MP, I'll probably raise it...
Old 08-15-2004, 06:50 PM

Did either you or the board have the Ad?

I think this is pretty important for working out the likely holdings of the other players.

If you couldn't see the Ad I would put it with one of the other players, in which case this is an easy fold.

If the Ad is on the board then it is very hard to put the button on a hand.
He should be betting the set on the flop, after all he has you betting and the fish calling with 2 diamonds to the flush; it would be a very bad slowplay here.
He could have suited connector diamonds with either a pair or a gutshot.
Or he could have AQ (arguably misplayed PF) thinking you will fold, seeing as you checked.

If you have the Ad then I think I could call this. So long as you are not against a set you are well ahead, and niether of them are likely to have a set played this way.

Just some thoughts, but I think the location of the Ad is pretty important to this hand.

Tim
Old 08-15-2004, 07:05 PM

What the hell are you talking about Mike. He bet the flop and then check-folded the turn. How is that playing like a calling station.

It's wrong as a "rule" to limp with AQ? You are ridiculous.

And giving people painless draws when you have bet the pot? You are either being retarded on purpose or are a total jackass.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:31 PM

Look I assume Jason posted the hand to get some feedback.

I was giving him my honest assessment of how I saw the hand. I have been playing this game successfully for a long time and to be limping with a big A in Mid position, calling a small raise, then making a small bet on the flop -small in comparison to the stacks, that is a few big mistakes specially with that flop. That's all - BTW he played this hand weak tight/OK - I am only commenting on THIS hand.