Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2003, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Results

I'm going to take a stab at this one...

You're referring to the "bet/raise when ahead in the hand; check/fold when you're behind" type of thing, correct? Well, I guess if you could've seen your opponent's cards, then you're right, you misplayed the flop, turn, and river. But since he didn't turn his cards faceup, you played perfectly until the river, where you should've bet out. Sounds from your Results post that you're being results oriented in looking back at your decisions during the hand. If your had bet the river, you would've played the hand perfectly IMO.

But then again, I'm not the most pokerest of pokerers.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:32 AM

Default Re: KK with coordinated flop

Well, I guess I let him off the hook for that play, because his opponent made his bet for him, and he wasn't ever going to get two bets on the river. I didn't really like the river play, but I thought that the three bet on the flop was a key play, because it let him maintain control of the hand.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:45 AM

I understand 100%, and this is my philosophy. I was semi-kidding around and probably just used poor wording.

To be completely honest I didn't realise how the 5 pairing the board (or that it did pair the board, giving me 2 pair) impacted the situation. When I checked on the end the upgrade of my hand to two pair had not registered in my mind and I was checking my overpair. Had I realized what had happened I would have most certainly bet out, I highly doubt I would have gone for a check raise in that situation.

I guess this brings up another situation, if the board did not pair on the end and was a card of insignificant rank/suit, would the optimal river play still have been to bet out?
Old 09-01-2003, 02:06 AM

I guess this brings up another situation, if the board did not pair on the end and was a card of insignificant rank/suit, would the optimal river play still have been to bet out?

Yes.