Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 11:42 PM

Default So what should have happened here?

So here's a ruling which I thought was absolutely retarded and I discussed it with the pit boss after. I was not involved in the hand.

Playing some 5-10 NL, Player A is UTG and limp some amount, Player B in MP calls and Player C in the cutoff also calls.

The flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Player A fires a pot sized bet, Player B min raises, Player C thinks for a while and calls. Player A then re-raises 4x his original bet, Player B is all-in for a small amount more, Player C thinks takes a little more time now thinking and asks for a little time.

While Player C is thinking, Player A starts yapping in an excited way. He asks Player C if he's got a flush draw and then goes on yapping about how Player C should not call he's gonna push all-in on the turn if he misses.

He does two things he's not allowed to:

1. Ask players questions about the hand in play
2. Tell players what they can/cannot do.

Apart from those mistakes, Player A pretty much has also screwed himself over because based on how excited he is, it's obvious he flopped the nut straight.

Player A keep talking while standing up, getting ready already to push the rest of his chips (about 150 or so more) prior to the turn card. Player C still has yet to react, but finally does and calls.

Now here is where things get messy.

The dealer sees that Player B is all-in and donkishly assumes that all-3 players are now also playing and all-in pot.

So she burns a card, deals the turn which is a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], followed instantly by another burn card, and the river which is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

But, Player A and Player C still have chips in front of them.

So now we are forced to call the pit over and make a ruling.

The dealer, a noob dealer, tries to explain the situation to the pit but can't cuz she's upset that she screwed up, so I decide to tell the pit what happens.

The pit makes a ruling that the turn and river card must both be redealt and I look at her thinking "What the [censored] are you thinking?"

My thought was the turn card must stay. The play was completed properly at the end of the flop round and thus the turn card is valid. The river card most likely needs to be redealt.

But of course, I don't say anything since I'm not in the hand and let the pit make her own dumbass judgement call.

Ironically enough after the reshuffle, the turn card is again the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Player A now shoves all-in and Player C thinks for about 2 minutes and finally calls.

River comes a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Player A has JT spades
Player B has J8 clubs
Player C has A7 clubs and wins.

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Lawrence
Old 07-24-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: So what should have happened here?

shuffle the river card back in and redeal without a burn after the turn action is over
Old 07-25-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
shuffle the river card back in and redeal without a burn after the turn action is over

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

What a horrible ruling by the floor.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

What a horrible ruling by the floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I see this happen about once every 2 weeks when I play 80-100 hours a month and that is the rule. There is never even a floor call this is so standard.

Bad ruling for sure. Funny about how excited the other guy is to flop a straight. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2005, 07:08 AM

What was the outrage like afterwards from Player A?
Old 07-25-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. I see this happen about once every 2 weeks when I play 80-100 hours a month and that is the rule. There is never even a floor call this is so standard.

Bad ruling for sure. Funny about how excited the other guy is to flop a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the guy obviously never played such stakes before and got super excited when facing 3 way action.

Ironically it was Player A's own doing that screwed this up. The dealer kept looking back and forth at Player A and C as Player A kept yapping that she lost focus that both of them had chips still. Had Player A stayed calm and shut his yap, then the dealer would have probably done her job correctly or at least Player A would've noticed the dealer burning and turning the river too quickly. LOL

Lawrence
Old 07-25-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What was the outrage like afterwards from Player A?

[/ QUOTE ]

Player A was too stupid to even argue with the Pit over the ruling. Afterwards he almost wanted to throw the cards at the dealer, but the pit was right beside him and if he did, it would have been a ban. He left after that hand.

Lawrence