Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: It is wiser to open with QJo at a Tight table than a Loose table
True 16 47.06%
False 2 5.88%
Should Raise Both 16 47.06%
Should Fold Both 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: AA poll - first hand WSOP - 3 all ins before you.

[ QUOTE ]
If you are truly in the top 5% of the field you don't NEED to call. You'll grind away their chips later.
If you are in over your head at the WSOP, calling takes away your disadvantage and gives you a shot at a nice stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly
Old 07-14-2005, 09:59 PM

The reason people can't agree is that there's two philosophies: survival vs. accumulation.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:06 PM

i'm so sick of this happening me on the first hand every year that this time i come over the top.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And the members of your forum still cant agree...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well....the members who have a pulse and oxygen feeding their brains all agree. But, your inadvertent point that there are complete and total nits who still think they can come up with a circumstance for folding AA pf that NOONE HAS EVER THOUGHT OF BEFORE! is well taken.

[ QUOTE ]
good job in getting the right information out guys. Maybe you guys need another 6 before someone steps up to the plate and puts the matter to rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because your body of work vis-a-vis posts should certainly toss the collective soul of the MTT forum into upheaval upon the realization that we have been playing AA wrong all along.

Please, please, please quit cluttering up the board with AA posts. They are not interesting, your'e take (no matter how clever) HAS been discussed before, and there is simply no reason to discuss the strategy behind playing AA pf (which is the easiest in poker - do everything in your power to get every single chip at your table into the pot forthwith - period).
Old 07-14-2005, 10:49 PM

Congratiolations for asking the most boring question in the history of humankind.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do everything in your power to get every single chip at your table into the pot forthwith - period).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats exactly what I thought! Thankyou for clarifying it for me. To give you some history, this came about as Vicky Coren, who is well respected as a tourney player in the UK said she would fold. Since I dont play MTTs much, Im mainly cash, I couldnt believe that statement, and was curious if this was the view shared by other 'respected' MTT players. Obviously it isnt. Sorry if this was a pain to some of you, but I dont visit this forum much.

Noticed that recently Gigabet was chased away from this forum....-ev.

Thanks
Bingo
Old 07-15-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do everything in your power to get every single chip at your table into the pot forthwith - period).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats exactly what I thought! Thankyou for clarifying it for me. To give you some history, this came about as Vicky Coren, who is well respected as a tourney player in the UK said she would fold. Since I dont play MTTs much, Im mainly cash, I couldnt believe that statement, and was curious if this was the view shared by other 'respected' MTT players. Obviously it isnt. Sorry if this was a pain to some of you, but I dont visit this forum much.

Noticed that recently Gigabet was chased away from this forum....-ev.

Thanks
Bingo

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry if we were obtuse, but no lie...this question has been asked on here over 200 times in some form since i have been a 2+2er. it's our fault for not having a FAQ