Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Simon Trumper

First watch the video

Then look at the chip counts

Pretty cool.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Simon Trumper

Simon made either the greatest or worst laydown in the history of my poker watching when at the original heads-up poker championships in Vienna, he folded Kings preflop(actually, timed out after ten minutes) to ron rose's reraise all in. It was actually heart-racing TV to watch his facial expression as the tourney director counted down from 10, as soon as the TD said the hand is dead, he rolled over his kings, and Rose showed him KK also....

A bit of a blowhard, and seems only to do well in tourneys, but has some serious game.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Simon made either the greatest or worst laydown in the history of my poker watching when at the original heads-up poker championships in Vienna, he folded Kings preflop(actually, timed out after ten minutes) to ron rose's reraise all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone explain to how, HU, this could be anything other than terrible?
Old 07-03-2005, 04:55 PM

You'd have to see the actual action and bets/raises to make an opinion on the hand

There are some very rare instances when deep stacked in a HU tournament where you could justify the KK fold.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Simon made either the greatest or worst laydown in the history of my poker watching when at the original heads-up poker championships in Vienna, he folded Kings preflop(actually, timed out after ten minutes) to ron rose's reraise all in.

Can someone explain to how, HU, this could be anything other than terrible? [ QUOTE ]
You'd have to see the actual action and bets/raises to make an opinion on the hand

There are some very rare instances when deep stacked in a HU tournament where you could justify the KK fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, either the most brilliant, or the worst laydown I've ever seen. It's been 2 years since I firstr saw it, and I still don't know which. But yes, the action must be seen to properly deduce, and I don;t know the exacts at the moment.

Either way, i HIGHLY recommend the video, called "world heads-up poker championships-2001" Best poker show I have ever seen, by a long shot. I believe it was Dynasty that first brought it to my attention, but maybe not.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:23 PM

I'm guessing you werent actually referring the 'interview' where the cardplayer guy is hitting on the female dealer... What was it?
Old 07-03-2005, 05:44 PM

The basic action went Vince (it wasn't Ron Rose, but I don't remember the guy's actual name other than Vince and it wasn't VP or Burgio) raised. Trumper reraised, Vince moved all in. Trumper gave it all the time then timed out, showing the kings. Vince stupidly also showed kings. Trumper's basic read was that the guy had either AA or KK only based on how Vince was playing.

Vince went on to win anyways, despite this laydown.

Had I been Vince, I would have shown one king.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:18 PM

I wouldve feigned absolute astonishment that anyone would lay down KINGS as I mucked my cards.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The basic action went Vince (it wasn't Ron Rose, but I don't remember the guy's actual name other than Vince and it wasn't VP or Burgio) raised. Trumper reraised, Vince moved all in. Trumper gave it all the time then timed out, showing the kings. Vince stupidly also showed kings. Trumper's basic read was that the guy had either AA or KK only based on how Vince was playing.

Had I been Vince, I would have shown one king.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost positive it was ron rose.

And why
Old 07-03-2005, 08:56 PM

Some research indicates: it was Vincent Oliver.

Why? He seems tiltable, and showing a king will make him realize he almost certainly folded the winning hand.