Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 04:43 AM

Default KQo Hand 3. Top Pair meets River Flush Card

My KQo hand is yielding awful results. KQo Hand 3...

PTY 1/2 9 max

UTG is 49/7

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds.

River: (6.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero ...

Is this River bet wrong? I don't think so. But call or fold here?

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
Old 08-06-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: KQo Hand 3. Top Pair meets River Flush Card

grunching

without read I call this down. I think it is possible that UTG bluffraises more than 10% unless you see him as passive.
If UTG isn't too passive I normally check/call the turn to induce a bluff. Not sure if this is a leak though.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:23 AM

I'm actually more worried about him catching a set of sevens on the river than the flush, but either way you probably just lost the hand. And even though I don't have good enough odds to call the river raise, I still do nearly every time, because I'm a sucker for paying off to the longshot river hit or horrible slowplay.

UTG's stats show that he's not even close to being a good player, but FWIW, you can almost rule out a flush if he were. He would really have to be holding A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] specifically in that case.

And no, the river bet is not wrong. You're getting called by a worse hand more than often enough to make it a value bet.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:30 AM

I don't think you're playing any of these hands wrong, you just seem to be getting sucked out on with KQo. I think your other 2 hands were played well, but I can find a fold on this river.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:20 AM

I can't see anything wrong. Again. Are you sure you don't post bad beats?
Old 08-06-2005, 07:45 AM

I like your pf, flop and turn play here, though I think c/r the flop, leading the turn is good too (esp. if UTG is kinda aggressive).

For the river: Whether to bet or check is read dependant - c/c against an aggressive player who will sometimes bluff here, bet against passive players they'll often pay you off with weaker hands (you can easily fold if raised by a passive player).
Against unknown bet and call the raise.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:23 AM

This seems fine. Against a total unknown I will call the raise, otherwise go by read.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see anything wrong. Again. Are you sure you don't post bad beats?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am reviewing my KQo hands and I've found some I think I've clearly made mistakes. I'm not posting them. I'm posting the ones that are not so obvious decisions, at least not to me.

I read somewhere that calling when one should fold is the second biggest leak after playing too many hands. I'm just looking for a leak(s).

It looks to me now like the River of this hand could be better played Check/Call or Bet/Fold. How often, unless a player is very aggressive, are they going to bluff raise the River with less than Top Pair?

I'm questioning my own play, but most comments are that I played it OK. Are we all playing this OK, or are we all leaking?

Old 08-06-2005, 06:25 PM

both hands look fine

if you're leaking, it's probably going to be in smaller pots. try to look at those.