Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 05-08-2005, 06:15 AM

Default AK flops two pair, then the board turns dangerous

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 05-08-2005, 06:18 AM

Default Re: AK flops two pair, then the board turns dangerous

Awfull. If he holds a Q you have 5.5 outs.

EDIT: and if you miss those outs you still have to call the river IMO.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:21 AM

Damn, you are right. I just calculated 4 outs --&gt; pot isn't large enough to call. Forgot about those queens that split the pot.....
Old 05-08-2005, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero folds

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh God! You're going to make me cry.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:31 AM

[quote ]Damn, you are right. I just calculated 4 outs --&gt; pot isn't large enough to call. Forgot about those queens that split the pot.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Even without the split outs I would call. Your outs are all very near to the nuts and you only have to make one more bet from him if you hit to compensate.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[quote ]Damn, you are right. I just calculated 4 outs --&gt; pot isn't large enough to call. Forgot about those queens that split the pot.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Even without the split outs I would call. Your outs are all very near to the nuts and you only have to make one more bet from him if you hit to compensate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you mean implied odds.... well, i forgot those too! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

So generally I can just add the river bets to the pot when deciding whether to call or not?
I mean that the pot is offering 9.5-1 and if I count only four outs, thats ~10-1 shot. Not enough. But if he has straight he will at least give me one bet on river, so I can add that to the 9.5? SO, it is 10.5-1

I have never used that implied odds stuff.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:23 PM

I would call this and check call the river if unimproved. There are a lot of worse 2-pair that could reasonably be hanging around here - AJ, AT, KJ, KT, JT and they might play it exactly like here. You could get at A or K for the boat. and there are 3 Q's left if the villian has 1. So that's 7 outs if you are behind. You could discount for the diamonds, but I doubt a diamond draw is in play here - maybe QJ or Q9, but the odds of that are low.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:37 PM

Just a thought. But, I might have tried for a check-raise on the flop here.
I agree with not folding.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you mean implied odds.... well, i forgot those too! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

So generally I can just add the river bets to the pot when deciding whether to call or not?
I mean that the pot is offering 9.5-1 and if I count only four outs, thats ~10-1 shot. Not enough. But if he has straight he will at least give me one bet on river, so I can add that to the 9.5? SO, it is 10.5-1

I have never used that implied odds stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a thought. But, I might have tried for a check-raise on the flop here.
I agree with not folding.

[/ QUOTE ]
Check/raising the flop would be bad. It will get checked through frequently and we hate that.