Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 11:46 PM

Default A Leak In My Game

I generally hate posts like these, because they usually have pretty obvious answers. Now I'll be guilty too.

I have discovered a leak in my game when it comes to the ladies. I'm not shy, I'm not at a loss for words, or anything like that. I'm bad at creating situations where I can engage them in conversation. Take tonight for instance. I see this incredibly hot girl. We were in a crowded gym, so I couldn't really yell over people to introduce myself, obviously. A little while later I'm standing outside in a courtyard type area. She walks out. She's standing about 30 ft away, in the middle of this courtyard. I can create no excuse to non-chalantly make my way to her, as opposed to her standing next to a soda machine, or something like that. Plus, she's on her cell phone, so the direct approach, which I find awkward anyway, is kind of not an option. I can't loom around her, waiting for her to finish her call. Or, if she finishes the call and heads back inside, I can't chase her down. So what's my play? The crowded gym is out. Outside seems like the best opportunity, but presents several complications. Am I just making excuses, or was this particular instance a no win situation? Similar situations always seem to arise when I spot attractive ladies.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: A Leak In My Game

Sometimes you just have to bide your time and wait for a better opportunity. If both of you go to the same gym it's quite feasible you'll run into her again at some point, hopefully in a better situation.

Swede
Old 10-11-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If both of you go to the same gym it's quite feasible you'll run into her again at some point, hopefully in a better situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

The gym, basketball court specifically, was being used as an auditorium. It was a one time thing.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:57 PM

my solution to fixing leaks in my game is to just not have game, that way I have nothing to fix.

seriously though, I have no solution for you, because if I did I would be using it myself.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:03 AM

Damn, I thought we were gonna be talking about the drips. Nevermind.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:20 AM

I think this is clearly the hardest part to master.
You're not alone.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:21 AM

I think the direct approach is your only option.

You can waste time just out of view inside the building, and head her off on the return. Whatever it is thats bringing you all to the gym can be complimented/lambasted, and there is your in.

If she disappears from the courtyard, it was just not meant to be.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can waste time just out of view inside the building, and head her off on the return.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like the simple plan, yet it introduces another problem. I think the key word here is going to be "non-chalant." If I am in the building, I can't be waiting by the door, that would seem too premeditated. I also think going from standing around as she walks in, to suddenly and coincidentally having to go in her same direction seems too planned. And timing a casual encounter can be difficult. I probably over-think this crap.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:45 AM

Seriously, over-thinking is key here.

If you are returning to the gymnasium, she is incredibly unlikely to think "man, he's waiting for me," even after you ask her out for coffee.

And you don't entirely time a casual encounter--you walk right up to her, you just pretend you also have something else to do.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:53 AM

if she weren't on the phoen you just walk up to her. nothing wrong with that. i'd leave her alone while she's on the phone though, just out of politeness.

why can't you step to her in the gym?