Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-09-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Clear turn fold now that I look at it.

On the turn I'm getting 11:2 or something, but there's a good chance not all my outs are clean. Also, even if another J or 9 falls and my hand is good, I'm unlikely to pick up many bets on the river, since the board will be double-paired.

River... eh. Another dumb call.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP folds.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (14 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 12-09-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Clear turn fold now that I look at it.

c/r the old floppo is my move. make him pay two instead of one to see the turn with AK/AQ (unless you think he raises your flop bet with these). don't let him fold his underpairs without spending at least a bet, and make him overplay his overpairs/AJ (because "he can't have a ten").
Old 12-09-2005, 06:12 PM

I thought he would usually raise the flop.

Instead the jerk waited to the turn to raise his AA giving SB the chance to make it two back to me with his nuts. Bah!
Old 12-09-2005, 07:27 PM

You're 4.75:1 to fill up on the river, assuming all of your outs are available. Your EV is 0 if one of your outs is taken, which looks pretty likely. Not closing the action, I think you should dump the turn.

The real atrocity is the river call.

Edit: Just heard Ed Miller's voice in my head. I think I would still fold the river.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:33 PM

What's with the complete lack of reads? They really do make a difference, you know, especially in marginal situations like the ones you're posting.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:43 PM

I've been folding hands like this preflop when not closing the action. Is that just a teeny weeny mistake? Or a small one? Or not one at all?
Old 12-09-2005, 07:50 PM

Teeny mistake if one at all, IMO. I just like playing flush draws. 6:1 seems enough to call pf.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's with the complete lack of reads? They really do make a difference, you know, especially in marginal situations like the ones you're posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I tell you that SB is a TAG does that change your action? What if he's a huge fish?

I don't think it makes a difference in this hand, really. It's a thin call if my outs are clean, but they're not going to be clean a lot of the time. Plus, I don't have very good implied odds because I'm not going to extract a lot of bets on the river with a double paired board.

I'm pretty sure it's a fold in retrospect.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Teeny mistake if one at all, IMO. I just like playing flush draws. 6:1 seems enough to call pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be enough but you are not closing action and your hand sucks for high-card or connectness. Thus this hand is not much better than 72s for instance.

I fold with one limper and a raiser, but it's read dependent
Old 12-09-2005, 09:23 PM

No reads then [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Flop is ok, C/R is prob better to charge alot of them who will go to the turn. However i reckon C/R gets us the most cash and the board isn't that bad.

I mean we're behind JJ/AT/KT/QT/JT and ahead of alot more others.

C/r they will call, But the turn raise i think alot of them will fold for(Turn is the major decision point of course usually).

So the flop C/R seems optimal although free card sucks but not a huge problem.

The turn - Well, 5.5:1 (11:2) and we have trips, From the call-C/R it seems he's a big hand(AT/JT/KT/AT/JJ) maybe QT not sure... T9s if he loves to blind steal.

After the 3bet i think i ditch it. hard but i do.