Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Week 13 FF Bitch/Brag +Playoffs

[ QUOTE ]
Brag: Chris Chambers (48 points!!!!)

Bitch (and Playoffs): I am still probably going to lose as I am ahead by 15 points and my opponent still has Wastbrooks and Jeravicious (sp) tonight, a loss knocks me out of playoff contention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Update - Thanks to the "great" performance by the Eagles offense last night, I won my game and will make the playoffs with a win this coming weekend.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:42 PM

Bitch: Kurt Warner not throwing for +4 scores, Neil "MVP" Rackers injured, Thomas Jones not finding the endzone

Brag: ummm Seattle D? S. Alexander

Playoffs: Finished in 1st @ 12-1...opening against a terrible 8th seed
Old 12-06-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clinched the top seed for the playoffs this week in one league. Took a 2.5 game lead in a league with no playoffs, which means I only need to win 2 out of the next 4 weeks to finish in first place. And remained the #1 seed in my third league with the playoffs a week away. At this point I wish my fourth league didn't disolve after week 3 or I would be on track to win all 4 of my leagues.

Does anyone think I should send flowers to Priest Holmes? He is going to win me a lot of money this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a 2.5 game lead are you going to rest your starters?
Old 12-06-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brag: Clinched the playoffs (pending Brian Westbrook basically showing up to the game tonight)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...just...wow...I probably deserved this, I'm gonna lose by 1 point

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew, that was scary, thank god. BTW, this might be the biggest blowout ever in MNF or NFL history

[/ QUOTE ]

Brian Westbrook, RB PHI
News: Pro Bowl running back Brian Westbrook will miss the rest of the season with a foot injury, the fourth Pro Bowl player the Eagles have lost for the season in the last month. Westbrook injured his foot in the first half of Monday night's 42-0 loss to the Seattle Seahawks. An MRI MRI exam Tuesday confirmed Westbrook has a Lis Franc injury.

SUPER! I could whine now but instead must start thinking of how I'm gonna dig myself out of this hole. My league requires 2 starting RBs. With Westbrook done, I'm left with Tiki Barber, J.J. Arrington, and Antowain Smith. Is this Ryan Moats dude worth picking up? How about Michael Bennett? Trading period is over, so I'm stuck with this and whatever FA's may be out there (basically nobody). If you had to predict one big name RB to go down this or next week, who would it be so I can pick up his backup.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:20 AM

Bennett is a good option, though unreliable. He'll give you some o-fers. I'd consider Adrian Peterson in Chicago - Jones has been of dodgy health all year and I think they may rest him a bit if they clinch the division.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd consider Adrian Peterson in Chicago - Jones has been of dodgy health all year and I think they may rest him a bit if they clinch the division.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great advice. Do you think any other teams in particular might start sitting their studs yet? It's only Week 14, but playoffs in my league don't start til Week 15, so I got some hope...god I can't believe I lost Westbrook. Would it be stupid to pick up Brandon Jacobs and start him and Tiki Barber (he's always stealing TDs)?
Old 12-07-2005, 12:31 AM

Can someone please shoot me? I've lost my top 2 draft picks now. Deuce and Westbrook.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone please shoot me? I've lost my top 2 draft picks now. Deuce and Westbrook.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got Westbrook in the third round, but as previously stated, lost Culpepper after drafting him in the first round. This is a devastating injury for me though considering the point in the season it occured. Wish I woulda held onto Cadillac Williams instead of trading him away after his poor performances up til a few weeks ago. Dammit man...

Edit: FA's I'd consider, what do yall think (deadline to put im my waiver request is in an hour and a half): Michael Bennett, Ryan Moats, Lamar Gordon, Reno Mahe, Adrian Peterson, Brandon Jacobs (I own Barber), Artose Pinner, Frank Gore, Rock Cartwright, Ladell Betts, Maurice Hicks, Ron Dayne
Old 12-07-2005, 01:21 AM

You might also try looking at whoever backs up Edge in Indy. Im sure even if they are 15-0 that they will be rolling up Arizona in Week 16 and be able to rest the starters plenty.