Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Correct Play?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

Final Pot: $1.85

Did I play this right? I think I should have raised the turn, but I doubt the eventual winner would have folded.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Correct Play?

I'd fold pre-flop and probably raise the turn.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You fold this one? Because KJ plays bad in multiway pots or what? If just one person limped in before you, does that change the situation?

SkyRocker
Old 03-28-2005, 04:00 PM

I limped because there were a bunch of limpers in front of me and I was hoping to hit a K or a J on the flop, and I ended up hitting both.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the raised turn, but I'm not folding this, the table's only 7 handed. 4 to act behind him (incl. a poster), similar to being MP3 at a full table. A loose one at that

I could have this completely wrong, especially my position argument, but i'm sure i'll stand corrected.

*correction: was only 4 to act behind him*

*edited again: don't fold this flop for one bet. It's too big. A crying call here may also prevent tilt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]*

Cheers.
Travis
Old 03-28-2005, 03:59 PM

you would fold KJ preflop when you could play it for free? good advice. i would defintely raise the turn here. if someone has the straight they will rereaise and you can make your decision then.

When SB is still coming after you on the turn, you have to start thinking about a set, so calling there is fine.

On the river, that's a tough fold in a large pot. The SB, after being the aggressor the whole way, seems unlikely to check/raise this scare card (Maybe I'm saying that just because I saw him check/call. You might want to cut off the action next time), so you'd very likely be 17.5 or 18.5 to 1 on your call. However, with MP1 already having called, and SB likely to call, maybe raise, behind you who may already have a hand that beats you (set), I guess it's a fold.