Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2003, 06:13 PM

Default How Would an Automted Player Play?

Much of HE strategy is designed to maximize hourly rates. This requires working really hard to get each ounce of edge in every game. The reasons for this are obvious-we have only a finite amount of time available and it makes sense to get compensated for it as highly as possible.

Let me now pose the following question: Suppose you could specify detailed strategies to automated "bots" that could play online limit HE unattended 24/7/365. Assume your bot has the same information you have in non-face games, except the subtleties that come from seeing how a particular player plays. You would still, however, know his overall profile -% flops seen; % preflop raising, etc.

For those of you that know Wilson's TTH software, that is the level of strategy granularity that is theoretically possible. This includes knowledge of position, # players, pot odds etc.

While I'm interested in seeing your responses, seems to me that you would play even tighter than typical expert tight players do. But specifically what? Would you prefer to play in full rather than SH games? (After all your bot never gets bored, so it can sit arounf all day waiting for EV+ hands). What else? What size games would be optimal? Etc. Etc.