Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Girlfriend Advice Needed

Hi Guys,

Quite new to the forum, been reading it for a good few months though. Great site, great people it seems. Anyway, I need a little girlfriend advice (sorry, does it need to to related to poker for me to post here?)

I've only been with her for a month and she's amazing. But for some reason when I go out and get drunk I can't stop pulling other girls. Last night I slept with one....and i'm really really mad at myself for doing it.

But when drunk I just don't really think about it. In the north of England where I live there's just so many temptations. I'd do anything to reverse what I did last night. Any amount of money, anything.

She'd be so upset if she found out..she'd be devastated and i'd also be devastated if she broke up with me, even though i deserve it after the stupid thing I did.

Am I a terrible person? Or does everyone do this once in a while? What shall I do now?

Sorry for the emotional tears lol. Any advice would be much appreciato.

Cheers guys,

Jack.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Girlfriend Advice Needed

[ QUOTE ]
I'd do anything to reverse what I did last night. Any amount of money, anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Transfer me $5000 ASAP.

Posting in OOT (Other Other Topics) will earn you some quality advice as well. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 01:26 PM

Well, I guess you found out how much you really like your girlfriend. You are one month into the relationship so it is hard to believe that either of you has made any sort of a firm commitment. While deceit is not the best foundation to establish a relationship, you probably can't admit anything without chasing her off. So you have some soul searching to do and decisions to make. You can change your behavior or keep acting like a fool, get catch and get your comeuppance.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:32 PM

I saw a movie recently, where one of the guys in it said some of the best advice in regards to this that I have heard. The point he made was that if you really like her, then telling her is the worst thing you can do. The hard part is living with your own pain for having done that. Telling her would just shift the burden of pain to her so that you can "feel betteer" about yourself. That's the weak way out. What you have to do now is learn from your mistake, deal with the pain of knowing that you cheated on her, and then lie to her-- don't tell her, but more importantly, don't do it again. Its not fun, and it would be a lot better if you hadnt done that, but all that doesnt matter anymore. This is the hand you've been dealt, and now you have to proceed from here.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:59 PM

Standard if your under 24. I say pull them all but let her go if you really care about her. Your obviously not ready to commit. Once your ready it will be easier to avoid these situations altogether. What i have learned from over a year with the same girl is to not put myself in bad spots. I have been good which is a complete change for me. Like i said dont worry about it and cut her loose if you really care...
Old 10-20-2005, 02:42 PM

Sounds more like you need self control than girlfriend advice to me. I hate when people use "I was drunk!" as an excuse for their mistakes. You don't want to be in a relationship at this time in your life, otherwise you wouldn't have slept with the other girl.

Learn to control yourself when you drink, it's not that hard to do. If you can't exercise self control, don't go to places where you'll be tempted to do idiotic things, like cheat on a girl you say you care about.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:55 PM

I think you will have to do one or the other

A) give up drinking

B) give up the girl [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 03:19 PM

What people say and do when their drunk is what they think when their sober. Don't want to do it again if you really care about her.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:26 PM

Go buy Season 3 of "Friends", watch the one where Ross and Rachel take a break. You'll learn what not to do. Oh yea, don't be a dork like Ross either... never could figure out how he got Rachel in the first place [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 08:33 PM

What is the secret code-phrase to get them to sleep with you? I'm having trouble figuring this one out [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]