FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Public Message to Commodus

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

give it time baby, im making a list for a mass culling

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's been my issue the entire time: Based on what criteria? You've yet to give any specific guidelines of what warrants banning other than "If I think you're a bad poster, you're banned."

[/ QUOTE ]

He made a list of crappy behavior he would not tolerate and posted it in the initial thread once he was approved. He has also confirmed statements that I have made regarding my understanding of his policy: Essentially, if you crap up OOT w/ lame, dumbass posts, you will get banned. I have made suggestions such as banning people who use stupid poker analogies to describe RL situations, but he has not taken a position on that as far as I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a way to ban someone from just one forum, because if not, we could lose a lot of poker content in other forums by making bans in OOT.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:30 PM

"You think things have been cleaner this week? They have, but it's not because of [censored]. It is because you don't have Jake auto-replying to every crap thread and keeping them alive and you didn't have Patrick and his overused steaming pile of [censored] posted 50 times a day."

This is exactly why I thought Jake's title should be changed to "first responder", it is so fitting. And the use of that picture is so old.

Good points.

polltard
Old 10-08-2005, 12:46 PM

[Censored] is an hijo de puta.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:34 PM

It's really funny to watch you nimrods argue over something as pety as OOT. You all act like if OOT went away, 2+2 would cease to exist.

Do you realize how disrespectful to David and Mason that is? I know...you (generic) don't really care, but, the simple fact of the matter is that the people who created this poker site, didn't do it 'for OOT'.

This is the left-over crap. Period. If you feel the need to fix this portion of the site, rather then learn from the rest of it, you should seriously consider taking up a new profession/hobby.

Gee, I wonder what the over/under is on this exact situation coming up again in a month or so...you know...like it did a month or so ago...

Morans.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's really funny to watch you nimrods argue over something as pety as OOT. You all act like if OOT went away, 2+2 would cease to exist.

Do you realize how disrespectful to David and Mason that is? I know...you (generic) don't really care, but, the simple fact of the matter is that the people who created this poker site, didn't do it 'for OOT'.

This is the left-over crap. Period. If you feel the need to fix this portion of the site, rather then learn from the rest of it, you should seriously consider taking up a new profession/hobby.

Gee, I wonder what the over/under is on this exact situation coming up again in a month or so...you know...like it did a month or so ago...

Morans.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a really good post, especially relative to the normal crap you post.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Morans.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't. It's stupid.

Peoples' feelings, such as they are, for OOT have nothing to do with their presence in the strategy forums. Our enjoyment of hot chicks and what's for lunch in no way lessens our appreciation for the learning resource that is this great forum, and I feel quite certain that S&M understand & appreciate this very well, when they bother to even spare it a thought.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Morans.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't. It's stupid.

Peoples' feelings, such as they are, for OOT have nothing to do with their presence in the strategy forums. Our enjoyment of hot chicks and what's for lunch in no way lessens our appreciation for the learning resource that is this great forum, and I feel quite certain that S&M understand & appreciate this very well, when they bother to even spare it a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a really shitty post, but not so much relative to the normal crap you post.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:02 PM

Oh, I think I can safely leave this one to the people.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:09 PM

i take pride in the fact that i am one of the very few people who knows who commodus is. i dont know how you would know so im calling your bluff on this one.

no im not revealing his identity either so dont ask.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i'd be much happier if we lived in a world where nobody was dumb enough to think that they would get banned just for "calling [censored] out" on what you think is a ridiculous policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite my personal feelings that you are a self-agrandizing, arrongant jackass aside, I'll treat this as some sort of legitimate response.

I don't think that [censored] will ban me for being vocal about the fact that I think his modship is ridiculous, but he has never said that he would never ban someone simply for opposing him. He's left it open to his own discretion of anything that constitutes "stupid" or "retarded" posting. I have some general idea of what, in my mind, constitutes bad posting, but I have no idea what it constitutes in [censored]'s mind.

There may be some posters on this board who are qualified to determine what constitutes good or bad posting but I have no reason to believe that it is [censored].