Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Optimizing Profit with the nuts...

I am usually a limit player, but since increasing my roll, I have decided to take a stab at NL $50. Here is an interesting hand I just played and was wondering if I have should bet more on the turn and less on the river. I don't really have a read on villain; he seems to be an OK player and is definately not a complete donk/fish.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($72.18)
BB ($72.54)
UTG ($47.05)
MP ($44.50)
Hero ($80.80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $2, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($6.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, UTG calls $7.

River: ($26.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG folds.
Edit: doh, converter messed up; river action was villain checks, I bet all in relatively quickly and he folds.

Final Pot: $26.50

I felt that he probably wouldn't let go of top pair/good kicker which is what I put him on, and the pot was $25 with him having $25 left, so I felt I should either push or make a value bet of about $15. My image wasn't really LAG or anthing, although I was opening with a lot of hands preflop (compared to the rest of the table) and a couple hands earlier I had moved in against a bigstack on the river with a flush and he folded so my hand was not showndown.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Optimizing Profit with the nuts...

What happened on the river?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:32 PM

In my experience he's not gonna call more than $10-$15 without AQ or better, and he might even fold AQ.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:39 PM

Well, I edited the post to show I pushed on the river. I guess I am just not as experienced with the low limit NL on Party as I thought I was. Most players can lay down TP/TK as low as 50NL?
Old 09-30-2005, 01:39 AM

raise turn more. 1/2-2/3 pot on river