Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 10:39 PM

Default QQ bb vs. CO raiser

PR 100+8, 270ish players. 27 left, avg stack 15k and blinds 600-1200. Folded to CO (~27k) who raises to 3600, folds to hero in BB with QQ and 35k behind. Hero is 2nd or 3rd in chips and wants to make the top 6 if not better.

Villain has been playing decent and typically tagish. Not many flops are seen anyway and from CO the range is wide; any pair, any ace, two big cards, sooted connectors or air. The fishier hands he might have folded also of course.

I wasnt sure what to do, raise/push pf or take a flop. And what if I just call and flop comes low am I committed? Preflop I could think only JJ maybe TT that might call of worse hands if I make a real reraise. Then again if flop comes under Q and I check-raise am I still going to get called only by better hands? I dont think CO has a specific read on me but I have been aggressive.

I called, flop came T84r, I checked, villain bet pot and I raised all-in. Standard?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: QQ bb vs. CO raiser

Yes, you got exactly what you wanted and if he did have AA/KK I don't see where you are going to get away from it. Obviously he doesn't have TT, so I'm hoping this is a very nice JJ/QQ pickup for you.