Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: 10/10 on button $2/$5 blinds $200 cap B&M

[ QUOTE ]
Since the cap is so small i might recommend a call here where in a 100BB game i wouldnt. how big are the other stacks, typically in games like this I am willing to push some small edges early on to build a stack. Not to mention you are getting 2:1 on your money.

POOOOSH, i hope u beat his AJ

-Falker

[/ QUOTE ]
He was already all in. So my choices are to call or fold
Old 07-28-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At best you are dominating his ass severely. I'm thinking his hand range is something like {22+,A2+}.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree for the most part. I put his range of hands, from A10 to middle PP. But it could be even as large as you speculate.

Wanted to clarify, I did weight overpair higher than the rest of the range. The one thing I was worried about was the fact that he did get beat with a high pair a few hands earlier. I was concerned that he was pushing to try to avoid such a fate again. (Edit)
Old 07-28-2005, 02:02 PM

Looks like you didn't notice yet that I misread the OP. I agree with your play now. And I would call. And you're right that he has a smaller range. I thought it was you opening from the BN with a huge raise and him defending his blind by pushing.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:08 PM

Yes I noticed your clarification after I posted.

What it comes down to is this:

1 He is he putting me on a steal and is restealing
2 He has over cards and puts me on a mid pocket, and is willing to flip a coin with the added fold equity
3 He has a pp and hopes I have overcards, and is willing flip for it with the added fold equity
4 He has an overpair and I am screwed

I'll post the results shortly.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:24 PM

I'm assuming he didn't push preflop with KK, but rather got stacked postflop when an ace flopped and he couldn't fold. Strike 1.

I'm further assuming that this has him semi-tilted. Strike 2.

I'm further assuming that since he's buying in for the minimum he is in fact, a moran. Strike 3.

Houston, We have a donk. I think this is an semi-easy call because his range of hands is 22+ through A2+ as previously posted. It wouldn't surprise me if his hand range is actually even worse than 22+ and A2+.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:36 PM

You are correct in how he got stacked, in fact you are probably correct on all accounts, except for maybe the hand range (but I learned some of that after the hand).
Old 07-28-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Results

I reluctantly called, I don't really see how I can fold. He had KK, and it held up. Hands like this is why it is so annoying playing against short stacks. I feel like I get nickel and dimed by these type of players. The one funny thing about the hand was that the opponent looked disappointed that I called (giving be false hope for about 2 seconds), I think he was initially worried that I had an ace. I guess he would rather have the $40 and instead of $110 and giving me 2 or 3 outs to catch (lol).
Old 07-28-2005, 02:44 PM

I'd have to call him here, even if I don't like it much. 2:1 and he's probably tilting, I'd expect to see KJ+, Ax or any PP.

How'd it turn out?

Drink More,
RedRum
Old 07-28-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Results

sorry to hear that, but I really think you played it right. Plus if you stay at the table with him you'll get your $100 back...i never really mind losing to morons on my buddy list because I know they are just borrowing it....I always get it back with interest.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Results

i [censored] hate shortstacks...thats all i really have to say...

well i guess i can add a little. i had a somewhat similar situation last night where i had AQ and i called the shortstack's push. he had AK. fun times.