Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: KJs in SB $2/$5 Blinds $300 capped B&M

an ace doesn't make the hero a straight, all hero has is a gutshot plus flush draw.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:13 PM

There are a few other possibilties, I would guess 20% of the time a K and/or Jack is good. It isn't out of the range of possiblity he has a hand like A9, and puts me on a draw. The $40 flop bet was an underbet, and could have been a feeler for a marginal hand. This possiblity is starting make me think I should have led the turn with a push or a bet large enough to pot commit him.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are a few other possibilties, I would guess 20% of the time a K and/or Jack is good. It isn't out of the range of possiblity he has a hand like A9, and puts me on a draw. The $40 flop bet was an underbet, and could have been a feeler for a marginal hand. This possiblity is starting make me think I should have led the turn with a push or a bet large enough to pot commit him.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that it looks like a feeler bet and i like this line that you suggested much better. also, your point about him not folding x dollars (forgot what amnt) into the large pot is valid, but i still think that it'd be very obvious if you hit your flush.

however, with the weird turn bet combined w/ the flop feeler bet, QQ seems like a possible hand to be concerned about.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Results

I called the $75 turn bet. The reason I called instead of pushing was I didn't feel like I had any fold equity at this point. Considering implied odds I was getting over 4 to 1,so I didn't think I could fold either. As I said in my last post, in retrospect I think I should have led the turn.

The river blanked, I check folded. The only other thing I could have possibly done would be to push and hope he also missed a draw, I don't think that I had the right price for that play.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. 9 spades + 3 other tens = 12 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

incorrect. two of your spades pair the board.