Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Chip Labels

OK, so I got one of the decent chinese chip sets for christmas. You know, the ones they were selling everywhere, 11 /12 gram, aluminum briefcase. Got suits on perimeter the chip faces and dots on the outside rims. $69 bucks for 500. I really like them even if they aren't "high end".

So, I have been looking into chip labels to really make them stand out. This guy sells 1000 labels (enough for 500 chips) for under $50 and will custom make anything. And he is using paper that is waterproof so they won't smudge or fade. We custom made one for each chip color. His web page even shows them soaking underwater. His website is:

http://www.customize-it.org/_wsn/page4.html

I just ordered these labels. I am not a shill for this guy. I sent him the duck images this morning and he sent me back the samples today without me having paid him a dime. What do you think?

[image]http://tinypic.com/1xynhd[/image]

http://tinypic.com/1xynhd
Old 02-25-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Chip Labels

I gotta say they look pretty impressive, I thought they'd look a lot worse on the old 11.5 junk chips.

My only concern would be how long before the edges start getting turned up and they start peeling off. Too bad the centers of the chips aren't recessed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

If you get some let us know how it turns out.

T
Old 02-25-2005, 10:16 PM

Actually the centers of my chips are slightly recessed. I know some aren't but I was happy to see mine were for the reason you said so you don't catch an edge.

I'll see how they turn out and post here.

Bob
Old 02-28-2005, 06:13 PM

Anyone intrested in some free samples can email me at mvass30@aol.com I have had the waterproof labels on my chips for 4 months now and havent had one fade, lose color, or peel off yet. The labels are actually vinyl labels not paper like all other labels you will find. Web site is www.Customize-it.org
Old 02-28-2005, 06:28 PM

I received my labels today and my daughter and I spent a snowy afternoon puttin 'em on. Only took us about 3 hours while watching TV.

Very nice labels. I soaked one of the extras in water and tried to smudge it and it would not smudge.

They look great on my chips.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 03-01-2005, 10:34 AM

How about some pics? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

T
Old 03-03-2005, 04:22 PM

What format do you need the logo art to be in? How color-accurate are your printers? I'm wondering if it's worth it to try and PMS match my chip color or if It would end up drifting a bit anyways.

What is the price for 2000 labels (for 1000 chips) if I provide the finished art?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2005, 01:18 AM

only thing that bothers me is the fact he uses inkjet printing and not laser
Old 03-04-2005, 08:51 AM

Just send the pictures as JPGS, and I will email you some samples. The labels are now $5.00 for every 100 of the vinyl labels. I have had so many orders since introducing the waterproof labels I had to raise the price a little bit. Any one ordering over 2000 labels will receive free shipping. View at www.customize-it.org
Thanks Matt