Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2004, 04:55 PM

Default Raising Preflop in Party 15/30 Games

It is not uncommon in the Party 15/30 games for upwards of 40% of the players to take the flop on average.

My question is whether there is +EV to be gained from greatly increasing your preflop raising standards and simply calling more to see if you hit the flop. If it were possible to actually narrow the field w/ a PF raise I wouldn't even speculate about this. But in some of the loose Party 15/30 games that simply is not achievable.

I am not suggesting that you not raise w/ premium pairs. But I am suggesting that it might be more profitable to limp w/ AK and AQ offsuit more from middle positions if you already have a caller.

Is my conclusion flawed?
Old 09-02-2004, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Raising Preflop in Party 15/30 Games

First and foremost, this is in the wrong forum. But I'll tell you this much. If you start limping with AK and AQ preflop in MP because your afraid you cant cut down the field enough my advice is this.....wear a skirt while you play. Your hands are so much stronger than the ones they're limping with your giving up too much just calling. Dont be a crossdresser man. Raise.

Mike Emery