Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Top pair turn raise

Villian has 70 vpip and is semi-agressive

PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is BB with <font color="green">J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="green">Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> (6 Players)
3 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, SB limps, <font color="blue">HERO</font> checks,

Flop: (2.00 SB) <font color="black">J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
SB <font color="green">bets</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, SB calls,

Turn: (3.00 BB) <font color="black">J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, SB <font color="darkgreen">raises[/color HERO?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Top pair turn raise

I'd raise preflop. On the turn... yuck. We're offered 6:1 now, and we'll likely have to call a river bet as well, so 7:2. There's no easy answer here without a better read. We can probably fold, but we're definitely ahead a certain percentage of time. I just don't think it's often enough to call down.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:47 PM

easy easy raise preflop - seriously

and now you have an easy call down. The bottom card pairing is a great bluff card for villain, you have TPGK, 4 outs to a straight and 2 outs to top boat. easy call down against a semi-aggressive player.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:40 PM

I raise preflop. bet the flop and call down on after he raises the turn.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:41 PM

Raise preflop. You want the ability to take the pot down if he misses, which he will the majority of time. Plus, you'd rather he just fold his SB in future hands. But, if he knows you will rarely raise your BB then he's getting a good price with any 2 cards by just completing.

I'm calling this flop and raising any non-Queen, non-7 turn.

After he checkraises the turn I will call down unless I improve.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:33 AM

I raise preflop, play the flop and turn the same, and then call down.