Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Missed bets on the turn....

Obviously I lost some bets on the turn by checking and nobody else betting. I wasn't scared of the flush, but I thought the first opponent would bet and I was going to check raise. Guess the spades scared him. Not sure why it doesn't say it, but I bet the river and got 2 calls and 1 fold. Anyone play this differently??

Party Poker (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP3 folds.

Final Pot:
Old 12-13-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Missed bets on the turn....

You checked the flop and the turn?

Bet the flop, bet the turn, bet the river.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:37 PM

i check called the flop. Then I checked the turn in hopes of check raising. Then I bet the river. The hand converter doesn't seem to be showing all the bets, anyone know why?
Old 12-13-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP3 folds.

Final Pot:

[/ QUOTE ]

Your converter is screwed up. Where's the preflop and UTG+1 checks and folds on the flop.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i check called the flop. Then I checked the turn in hopes of check raising. Then I bet the river. The hand converter doesn't seem to be showing all the bets, anyone know why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bison's conveter is broken. Try one from another post around here, or just type it in by hand.
Btw, based on the action I've seen so far you should have either bet or raised on the flop.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:03 PM

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
Old 12-13-2005, 07:00 PM

With a p/f raise from CO, I would lead the flop in hopes that I get some callers and a raise from CO, allowing me to put in another bet.

The way you played it, I would have check/raised the flop. You have two player already trapped for one bet each. Use that positional advantage. You should be leading every street from that point on.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:08 PM

Grunch:

Bet the flop and bet again on the turn. If you get raised on the turn, call it and c/c the river UI.

Trying to c/r the flop is ok too, but if it fails I would bet the turn.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:14 PM

This is a joke, right? bet/bet/bet.

-Jaran
Old 12-13-2005, 07:14 PM

*grunch*

Yuck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think if you're trying to checkraise the flop and it doesn't work then you have to bet the turn. I would personally bet the flop; you'll probably get action from draws, any pair, ace-something, who knows, and you don't want to give a free card for the flush draw. The problem is that if you check the flop then bet the turn when the flush comes everyone will probably fold. If raised on the turn I think I would call, then raise/call the river.

BBB