Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Wraparound draw LO8 .5/1

hand converter doesn't work for Absolute, so:

Dealt to Hero [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
UTG - Checks
UTG+1- Calls $0.50
MP1 - Calls $0.50
Hero - Calls $0.50
CO - Calls $0.50
Button - Calls $0.50
SB - Folds
BB - Checks

Connected high cards with suited possbilities, albeit small ones. I figure it's good to take one off.

*** FLOP *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
BB - Checks
UTG - Checks
UTG+1 - Checks
MP1 - Bets $0.50
Hero - Raises $1 to $1
CO - Calls $1
Button - Calls $1
BB - Calls $1
UTG - Folds
UTG+1 - Folds
MP1 - Calls $0.50

In retrospect, I think calling and going for overcalls is a better play. I like my wraparound draw as any 6, 9, T, J gives me half the pot.

*** TURN *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
BB - Checks
MP1 - Bets $1
Hero - Raises $2 to $2
CO - All-In $1.42
Button - Calls $2
BB - Raises $3 to $3
MP1 - Raises $3 to $4
Hero - Calls $2
Button - Calls $2
BB - Calls $1

After the hand, I calculated my exact outs if the flush is good to be 20, that's discounting the times the board pairs. That means I'll get half of this multiway pot 45% of the time. If the flush isn't good (which I feel is unlikely unless someone happens to have the K with their low and another spade), 13 cards give me the straight which means that about 30% of the time I'll get half the pot. I'm pretty much tied to the pot, and I raised for what I think to be value, good?

*** RIVER *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
BB - Bets $1
MP1 - Calls $1
Hero - Calls $1
Button - Raises $2 to $2
BB - Calls $1
MP1 - Calls $1
Hero - Calls $1

The board pairs, gives me a weak flush, and instead of bailing, I decide to call only one to me. I played the river poorly I think. I probably should've folded to one of the two bets I called.

Overall thoughts?