Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Flush draw hits River and pairs board

Playing in the bad beat room tonite. A verrry lose table.
9 handed
I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP2
3 limpers to me I call. 1 fold and every one else calls.
To the flop with 8 SB.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check check check seat before me bets, I call, next player raises, 4 cold callers, original bettor calls, I raise, every one calls.

6 to the turn for so many bets I have to take a shoe off.

Turn 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check, original bettor fires. I call and 3 more. <font color="red">Wasn't sure about whether to raise again here, since I may shut out remaining customers. </font>

5 to the river and I have to take my other shoe off to keep up with the bets (18 BB unless Imissed a toe)

River 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Original bettor fires again. Hero? (bets raises cries calls)
Original bettor sees about 28% of the flops and is fairly aggressive post flop. Two of the other players could have any 2 cards and one guy seems OK
Old 07-21-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Flush draw hits River and pairs board

I call, hoping for overcalls.

The last thing you want to do here is call/call. If someone raises behind you, you must 3 bet.

I also probably raise here PF for value, but I don't mind a limp.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing in the bad beat room tonite. A verrry lose table.
9 handed
I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP2
3 limpers to me I call. 1 fold and every one else calls.
To the flop with 8 SB.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check check check seat before me bets, I call, next player raises, 4 cold callers, original bettor calls, I raise, every one calls.

6 to the turn for so many bets I have to take a shoe off.

Turn 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check, original bettor fires. I call and 3 more. <font color="red">Wasn't sure about whether to raise again here, since I may shut out remaining customers. </font>

5 to the river and I have to take my other shoe off to keep up with the bets (18 BB unless Imissed a toe)

River 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Original bettor fires again. Hero? (bets raises cries calls)
Original bettor sees about 28% of the flops and is fairly aggressive post flop. Two of the other players could have any 2 cards and one guy seems OK

[/ QUOTE ]

3 Things.

1) consider raising when the first bet is to you, if youre going to raise at all on the flop. on a loose table like this, there is a very low percent chance AJ is going to fold to clean up your ace outs, so most of the time you are on a draw with this hand. if you try to keep the most people in the pot with you so you have the odds on your draw. call/3-betting will give you the impetus to bet on 4th street, but most of the time you're missing on 4th street. Plus the value you can get with a Check/Raise when you hit on 4th street is more than having everyone add 1 extra SB as opposed to 1 extra BB on 4th street.

2) when you miss on 4th, raising is the worst thing you can do because you still need to catch up to win the pot, keep more people in.

3) at low limit loose tables pairing the board is not as scary as with higher limits. a rough estimation puts this pot near 20BBs so you only need to be good 5% of the time, and usually you are. I would still call to induse overcalls. If you raise the river you will only get called by better hands.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:04 AM

I think you played it beautifully and I would just call on the river.

One good thing here is that there is a higher than normal chance that one of the 3 behind you will raise with Tx and then you cap trap the whole field for 3 bets.

If there were only 2 other people behind me I would consider raising.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:21 AM

Well, I raised and there was a fold, then a reraise, then a cap. The pot is huge, about 30 BB. Is hero committed to make a crying call?
Old 07-21-2005, 09:40 AM

It's mandatory to call those last 2 bets. I wouldn't raise the river to begin with. Other than that, the hand is fine, though I'm concerned about your contemplating a turn raise, which would be god awful.