Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Wrestling fans and former fans only.

1. More guys in capes (ie. superstar billy graham or jesse ventura)

2. bring back Canadas greatest athlete "Iron" Mike Sharp

3. Get real managers (ie Classy Freddy Blassie or Jimmy Hart), not blonde bimbos. The bimbos can be there, just not managing.

4. Get more real tag teams (ie. hart foundation and killer bees), not two guys who happen to hate two other guys.

5. Someone has to start using the DDT as a finishing move.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:33 PM

The tag team thing is a problem. Remember when there were guys that were tag team wrestlers and that was it. The four horsemen (change a few times), but they were Ric Flair (solo), Tully Blanchard (solo) or Lex Luther (solo), and the Anderson's (tag team only). That was when it was cool. Let's go back to that.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:08 PM

1)Eliminate any girl-on-girl, woman-based sideshows. The Diva Search is a giant, soul-sucking hole of suckitude. I don't mind the women wrestling, however, as long as it is on par with the Trish Stratus/Molly Holly/Lita group.

2)Push wrestlers who are legitimately over with the fans, instead of the ones that Vince likes.

3)I love Triple H. He's probably my favorite wrestler. However, remove him from creative control of RAW...it is unacceptable for him to have 20 successful title defenses.

4)Shake up the storylines a bit and give people something to get behind. Build major heels and major faces back into the business. Honestly, wrestling has been pretty good for the last few months due to the Triple H/Bautista feud(which I think should have been less one-sided in favor of Bautista for storyline purposes). Bautista is probably the first legitimate monster face in the business for a while(no...Cena's not there yet).

5)I appreciate the intentions behind the draft lottery...truly, I do...but I think it has caused more problems than it has solved. I would much prefer to see promotion from within.

6)For God's sake, stop the trashy, knee-jerk storylines. The Muhammad Hassan gimmick is lame and in poor taste. The Edge/Lita cheating on Kane angle is pointless and Springer-like.

7)As strange of a statement as this is, wrestling should not always cater to the lowest possible denominator to have long-term success. Wrestling is male soap-opera, nothing more. What I miss is the drama of the moments, where the tension truly was palpable. True, Stone Cold and The Rock are one of a kind, but honestly, I remember when Shawn Michaels calling himself "The Showstopper" was not just a gimmick...he really could electrify an arena. Bring back the large-scale epic nature...it's too much like guys fake-hitting each other now.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:21 PM

Not enough guys who know how to wrestle. Too many athletic weightlifters.

Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Arn Anderson, Brian Pillman, Rick Rude, Ricky Morton, Ted Dibiasie, Terry Taylor, Bobby Eaton.

These guys weren't big, but they knew how to work a match. None of them would have any chance of making it in wrestling today.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:54 PM

I think wrestling will get very interesting soon enough. TNA has just signed a deal with Spike TV which can only be good news for wrestling fans. I strongly urge everyone who hasn't seen TNA to give it a chance. The product is spectacular. How could you not like a fed with workers like AJ Styles, Somoa Joe, Petey Williams, etc?

There's also rumblings of Ted Turner starting up another wrestling promotion. I know there's talks almost every month about this but this time it seems to be a little more legit.

The ONLY way wrestling can be fixed right now is if WWE fire their current crop of writers and remove HHH and Stephanie's influence on TV. Add some competition and things will be back to the way it was.

TNA getting a TV deal is a step in the right direction. Things can only go up from here.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think wrestling will get very interesting soon enough. TNA has just signed a deal with Spike TV which can only be good news for wrestling fans. I strongly urge everyone who hasn't seen TNA to give it a chance. The product is spectacular. How could you not like a fed with workers like AJ Styles, Somoa Joe, Petey Williams, etc?

There's also rumblings of Ted Turner starting up another wrestling promotion. I know there's talks almost every month about this but this time it seems to be a little more legit.

The ONLY way wrestling can be fixed right now is if WWE fire their current crop of writers and remove HHH and Stephanie's influence on TV. Add some competition and things will be back to the way it was.

TNA getting a TV deal is a step in the right direction. Things can only go up from here.

[/ QUOTE ]

when did TNA sign and when does it start?
Old 07-22-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when did TNA sign and when does it start?

[/ QUOTE ]

TNA just signed this past week, it is a done deal. It will start up when teh WWE's deal with Spike is done and TNA will take Velocity's time slot. It also looks like they are giving Samoa Joe the start of a real big push, and that can be nothing but good for TNA as he is one of the most talented wrestlers I have seen in a long time(and I'm not exactly the biggest Indy mark either).

I think that TNA needs to bring back a lighter form of the territory system. Use ROH in the Northeast, MCW(out of chicago) in the midwest, WIldside for the southeast, and Pro Wrestling Guerilla for Cali. Contract hte main TNA roster out to these feds and work it so that TNA's wrestlers are working every weekend. If they can get more time slots on Spike then they could use one time slot for a roundup of the territories each week and show matches from them, this way they can also have a constant influx of new talent too. TNA also needs to focus on getting pentration going in Britian as wreslting is hot there again and I know that FWA has been getting better and better attendance over the past few years, not to mention that Wrestling is extremely hot in Italy, which can be another good place to make money. If a wrestling compay is creative enough they can make lots of $$$
Old 07-22-2005, 09:15 PM

I agree with Golden Rhino, bring back this guy.....

As Canada's greatest athlete his trademark soundeffect is approximated as a "DDrrrroooooooooffffffff!!!!"

Also, when I was a kid my Dad took me to see Calgary Stampede Wrestling back in like '82. Lot of big name wrestlers came out of there but I'll never forget Bad News Allen when he came to the arena. I think he was the first black guy I had ever seen and he goes, "Listen up all you beer-belly sharecroppers out there!" Bring him back.

Pictured with the The Cuban Assassin, another legend.