Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 09:27 AM

Default 10/20 - Flopped nut flush, river pairs board

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Sheriff is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Sheriff calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Sheriff bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Sheriff bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds,

Sheriff.......?

I'm intrigued as to what others think here. SB is new to the game and is on his first orbit. He's limp folded a couple of times but I have no clear reads.

My primary concern is with the river decision. However I'd welcome comments on the pre-flop and flop action too. In both cases I had a borderline decision to make.

Pre-flop I considered raising but opted to call in the hope of generating multiway action (which the extra blind would probably help with too).

On the flop, the choice was whether to bet, check/call or check/raise. In the end I thought there was a reasonable chance that one of the late position players (MP2 and button were both reasonably aggressive players) would raise if they had anything worth playing and was hoping they might suspect me of stealing with a draw at best. I was also paranoid about allowing a free card to pair the board. Ultimately I thought that betting the nuts might be the most deceptive play here. As it turned out I didn't get the action I'd hoped for but I didn't drive everyone out either.

All thoughts welcome.

Sheriff
Old 03-29-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: 10/20 - Flopped nut straight, river pairs board

looks like you had a nut flush, instead of a nut straight

i think you should raise the river. if they filled up on the river, you likely would have gotten popped on the turn by their 2-pair.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: 10/20 - Flopped nut straight, river pairs board

Title hastily edited - thanks [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Sheriff
Old 03-29-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Re: 10/20 - Flopped nut flush, river pairs board

It's an easy raise on the river, also fold this hand in early position.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Re: 10/20 - Flopped nut flush, river pairs board

Raise, the only hand that could possibley beat you here IMO is 22, which would be highly unlikely after that flop. JJ or QQ would raise preflop.