Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-19-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Would you kill a man who\'s robbing you? (long)

[ QUOTE ]

By this logic, none of should play p*ker since statistics show most people will lose money at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, most shouldnt.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

By this logic, none of should play p*ker since statistics show most people will lose money at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, most shouldnt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-19-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, most shouldnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

check your logic. i never said no one should own a gun. i said im not a fan. and then i gave a time when im in favor it.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd shoot anyone who got close to me with a knife. Most people probably don't realize how fast and easy a knife can kill you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Knives (and swords etc.) actually do a TON more damage than guns. They just do it from a close distance. You can survive a small caliber bullet wound. It's much harder to survive a serious knife would to the torso.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check your logic. i never said no one should own a gun. i said im not a fan. and then i gave a time when im in favor it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point was that your logic for not being a fan is flawed in my view. And this does imply to me that you feel no one should own one. If that was not your intention, fine. I misunderstood. I take it back. Mini-hijack over.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:20 AM

"By this logic, none of should play p*ker since statistics show most people will lose money at it."

Nothing like repeatedly quoting yourself but refusing to correct the readily apparent errors...

Hell no I would shoot someone for jacking my [censored]. Jesus Christ, its a few hundred dollars. What [censored] point would there be to shoot him? Oh my god, my gamecube! Die [censored]! No.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What [censored] point would there be to shoot him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have my gamecube. He isn't stealing someone else's gamecubs tomorrow. He isn't stabbing me or someone else tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:34 AM

Yeah, I guess pre-empting a potential future gamecube theft is pretty much the weightiest concern running through someone's mind...

Very, very, very rarely do people engaged in petty theft stab or otherwise hurt anyone who isn't resisting in some way. As smarter posters than me already made abundantly clear in this thread, you run a big risk escalating the situation.

On a more personal level, you just [censored] suck. I like internet tough-guys like you, who shoot to protect their gamecubes...oh well, not my fault you completely and totally [censored] suck.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hell no I would shoot someone for jacking my [censored]. Jesus Christ, its a few hundred dollars. What [censored] point would there be to shoot him? Oh my god, my gamecube! Die [censored]! No.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldnt shoot someone for the theft. im shooting someone for threatening my life.

i dont care if he comes in and steals a gamecube or doesnt steal anything. he has cajones to break into the house, we're now isolated in my bedroom and hes wielding a knife. i dont want to give this person the leverage and leave it up to him to dictate whether he just wanted to scare me w/ my life so i wouldnt give him any trouble or he's actually going to act upon it. the consequences are literally deadly for me and i dont want to leave it up to him to decide this.

bwana
Old 12-19-2005, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very, very, very rarely do people engaged in petty theft stab or otherwise hurt anyone who isn't resisting in some way. As smarter posters than me already made abundantly clear in this thread, you run a big risk escalating the situation.

On a more personal level, you just [censored] suck. I like internet tough-guys like you, who shoot to protect their gamecubes...oh well, not my fault you completely and totally [censored] suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bolded part may be true, but it's also likely someone else will resist. And yes, shooting him is escalating the situation. Thanks for pointing that out.

It has nothing to do with being a tough guy, on the Internet or elsewhere. The fact is that it is my gamecube. I worked for it. I view thieves pretty much the same way I view cockroaches. When one enters my bedroom, it has given up its right to live. I do not view the thief's life as having any inherent value.