Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-14-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: MySpace Opener Theory Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
as i stated in the other thread, i think just a form of the simple hello with possible compliment is the way to go.

if she either finds you attractive from your pictures, interesting from your profile, or both, she will get back to you to initiate conversation.

if she doesn't reply, she isn't interested. simple. if she does reply, then you can get back to her with something more substantial.

i created my account after this thread was created, and here are my stats:

-146 profile views.
-187 messages from probably ~70-80 women.
-23 friend requests.
-9 messages out of the blue. most compliments and telling me to fill out my profile, which is as sparse as it gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you get so many views, etc? I created mine 3 days ago and have had only 4 views. Weird thing is that when I search for my profile (using a keyword or whatever), my profile never comes up in my searches.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:18 PM

i guess it was just a result of them seeing my thumbnail picture and opening email, and caring enough to click to check out my profile?
Old 12-14-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess it was just a result of them seeing my thumbnail picture and opening email, and caring enough to click to check out my profile?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhh, so you emailed alot of people? I thought they came to you unsolicited.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:59 PM

OK....first things first. Lets stop trying to romanticize this thing and define what is going on. You're trying to [censored] a hot chick. You're not trying to find a soulmate, or even a long-term relationship...even though that might accidentally happen, your dream scenario would be to pick up one or more hot chicks that will come over when you ask, [censored] you, and leave. Do not lie to yourself about this. Being honest with yourself is a critical premise to developing a successful hookup.

Okay. Let's wrestle with your position here.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that if we never generate enough interest in her to get her to want to ask us questions about ourselves, then I think we've by definition failed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have things a little backwards here. Let's say you've successfully initiated conversation with her with a very witty opening line, and you've got her talking about herself. You've got her laughing and you've got her wondering if she is as great as all those other guys tell her. Assess the situation. All she knows about you is that you can make her laugh, you’re somewhat interested in her, and you listen to Ratt and Whitesnake and you love watching Different Strokes....or whatever is on your profile. THAT'S PERFECT. At this point, she doesn't know you're flawed, and she knows you know she is flawed. In her mind, she is now fighting an uphill battle to attain you.

Remember what I said before…if these girls took the effort to post explicitly attractive pictures of themselves online, they more than likely have low self-esteem. Take a look at the girls you know in real life who have genuinely low self-esteem. These girls are easy to find because they are constantly in bad relationships, they have [censored] jobs cuz they didn't think they could get through college (or they got through college but couldn’t land a great job for whatever shortcomings they have), and they dress, at least to some degree, like sluts. A common thread between these girls is they are looking for their Prince Charming...apparently, to them, finding the guy of their dreams will solve their problems. So they start projecting Prince Charming qualities upon guys until they are proven otherwise. This is why you don't want her to find out much about you....you're not Prince Charming…I’m sure you’re a great guy who is funny, smart, good looking, etc, but no guy on earth is Prince Charming. Plus, if you don't talk about yourself, you get the label of "mysterious." Mysterious is always good.

If you have her laughing and finding you insightful (and you have her emotionally exposed), you're now engaged in a race against your own information flow to get her in the sack. As soon as she figures out that your just want to [censored] her and throw her on the whore heap when you're sick of her sh*t, you're dead….and she will find out after you expose enough of yourself…most chicks are blessed with decent BS detectors.

(Keep in mind this next paragraph is simply my speculation…like I said, I’ve never tried to do the internet hookup thing before)

So how to approach from here? This is where you can really take advantage of the medium you are using to communicate. Use the anonymity of the internet to your advantage. When she replies to you, take a day or two to respond. This continues to project your “mysterious” image. It shows her that you are not in a desperate, “OHMYGODINEEDTOSTUFFMYCOCKINANORIFICEBEFORESUNDOWN ORITWILLFALLOFF” state. It also gives you a little time to think out a witty, smart response to her (this is like George Costanza said…always leave them wanting more). Keep your responses short, and remember to keep her laughing, keep her talking about herself, and keep her on the defensive. Keep this up for a while before actually trying to meet her…I’m guessing (remember, I’m not sure how this online angle works) you can actually get her to ask you to meet in most cases…and if you can get a hot girl online to ask you to meet up but you still can’t get her in the sack, talk to Dominic…you need professional help.

*Disclaimer – Yes, I realize this is a shallow and critical view of women. I’m trying to convey the knowledge I have on how to hook up. There are plenty of relationship-worthy girls out there who don’t fall for any of this crap in this post, but like I said before…you’re just trying to get laid. If you’re trying to find a quality girl, do the opposite of everything I said, including going on myspace.

PS – I really wanted to post this on it’s own, because it’s about as good as I can get when it comes to picking up chicks, but I figure that if it is good enough to post on its own, a mod can do it for me or someone else can repost it.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Best in my opinion? I'd like to know for sure, too!

[/ QUOTE ]brilliant in my opinion. There's a picture and thread that goes along with it that's hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

link?

[/ QUOTE ]I found the thread.
http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/show...part=1&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. from page 6 of that thread:

[ QUOTE ]

my neighbor gets hot hoes from myspace. I'm thinking about doing it.

I work with a girl that has screwed 3 guys she met on myspace in the last 5 months. I mean she's a whore, but if you're into meeting slutty chicks with no self-esteem, this place is a goldmine.

[/ QUOTE ]

how did it take 9 months for OOT to hop on this gravy train?

we should have all listened to ASFuji back then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amzingly enough, we were so wrapped into the Olivia incident a few months ago and the underlying myspace adventures were totally ignored. Two good chances to have already done this stuff.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:56 PM

Gonores,

I think you have some decent points, but I think that you and many others are making a fundamental error in dealing with the internet hook up. The most important thing here is continuity. That means that when you see her in person, you need to be the person you purport to be. So, if you are not witty and clever in person, than don't spend 3 days coming up with a witty response to her message, becuase when she meets you and you're a doofus, the jig is up. Same with pics etc. "Mysterious" works to a point, but you still have to meet her to bang her.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:09 PM

BEP even commented early on in the Olivia thread how ironic it was that two of the best OOT threads were myspace related...His genius is shining through.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:26 PM

gonores,

this is close to my thinking about women. I bet the Good Doctor would approve as well, were he around. Thing is, I don't think women ACTUALLY think that you are solely interested in their brains...even dumb women are aware of what you want f'real. What they want is the game, the chase, where you try to win them by feats of wit/coolness. By tipping the balance, putting them on the defensive, as you've said, you haven't really tricked them into thinking that your some Awesome Superhero who hates p***y, but you have got them thinking about you as an equal, someone they have to respect. This does border on the whole "women like jerks" idea that I've disagreed with in the past...I think women just like confidence (like men for that matter, but we'll happily sleep with an self-conscious women...we'll just feel bad the next day!).

Anyway, great post. I agree with your strategy, but not your reasoning. Treat women like human beings...that is, socialized monkeys whose base instincts are usually disguised in psychological costumes as "reasons".

Wishing I was single so I could school all y'all in the art of seduction,

--GA
Old 12-14-2005, 08:06 PM

Okay...firstly I'd like to clarify that the whole "coming up with a great response" benefit of waiting a day or two is an ancilliary benefit. The main reason to wait is to make yourself inaccessible...this concept is not new. We've waited 1+ days to call a girl since the phone was invented.

[ QUOTE ]
becuase when she meets you and you're a doofus, the jig is up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your theory is that if you are a doofus, you best chance for success would be to act like a doofus? Sorry, dude, but the smart and witty types get the girls. If you're socially awkward and not particularly engaging with women, you can and should practice becoming smart/witty...don't accept your doofusness as something you can't change.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:21 PM

Gonores,

I didn't disagree with waiting, that is fine. I'm saying, don't put energy into creating an image that you cannot keep up in person. Even if being witty helps you get girls, building up the expectation in her mind that you are Woody Allen is a bad idea if when she meets you, you're a putz.

If you are shy, be the shy guy. If you are goofy, be the goofy guy. I dont think its gonna work to spend all your time thinking "what would vince vaughn in swingers do" if you aren't vince vaughn from swingers. When she shows up and you're mikey, shes gonna feel decieved.

"Sorry, dude, but the smart and witty types get the girls."

That is almost too funny. While the top 1 or 2 percent of smart/witty dudes are getting girls, to say they are the dominant force in the battle for poon is... misguided at best.

"If you're socially awkward and not particularly engaging with women, you can and should practice becoming smart/witty...don't accept your doofusness as something you can't change. "

If you want to work on being witty, fine. You aren't going to get witty in the time between email number 2 and meeting number 1 most likely, however. Not being witty also does not equal socially awkward. Actually, pretty much everything you said completely missed my point. If you can't be witty on the fly, in person, than you are screwed is my only point. Because she will show up thinking that is who you are, when it isn't, you're toast.