Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 09-23-2004, 04:47 PM

Default \"server down a UB\"

MTT have been messed up all weak, I am ready to cash-out and go to Stars.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:56 PM

Default Re: \"server down a UB\"

Yeah, this outage has prompted me to try out Stars and Party. God, I can't stand those interfaces! Guess I'll wait this out.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:37 PM

THis is the first time in since I think the begining of the year that UB has gone down. Give them a break. I think they have the best software outthere. Granted they dont have the beg tourneys' like PS and PP... but they have some of the best games outthere
Old 09-24-2004, 12:40 AM

Just curious, but what don't you like about the Stars or Party interfaces? I personally find UB's to be very poor, but not as bad as Pacific or (shudder) Planet's.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:29 PM

Since I've used all three sites, I will chime in here. UB's interface is much faster because it has cut down on many of the frills like icons and card movement during the deal. Although prettier, Stars's and Party's interfaces are much, MUCH slower. I could care less about neato icons and card movement on the table. I want as much action per hour as possible.

ST
Old 09-24-2004, 03:37 PM

I guess I never noticed the difference in speed so much. What I hate is the movement of UB's options (check, call, etc) depending on the situation.

However, the one good thing they have is the 'fold & show' button. Every site should have that.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:57 PM

ditto

I would also add that I greatly prefer UB's 1st-person perspective and the account info page.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I've used all three sites, I will chime in here. UB's interface is much faster because it has cut down on many of the frills like icons and card movement during the deal. Although prettier, Stars's and Party's interfaces are much, MUCH slower. I could care less about neato icons and card movement on the table. I want as much action per hour as possible.

ST

[/ QUOTE ]

TOTAL AGREEMENT!!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:03 PM

I also like the interface at UB better than stars. Well, actually the main thing is the speed, I find stars to be fairly slow. I also like UBs "bet pot" button. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I do like Stars cumulative stats, and I HATE that you can only get 200 hand histories/day. BS

okay
Old 09-25-2004, 03:50 PM

I just signed up on PokerStars. I love playing on UB, but I wanted some options. After playing one night I can say that I still prefer the software on UB.

The servers problems are annoying. The server crashed in August when I was deep in a rebuy MTT our money was promptly refunded with an apology [no compensation of the 1 1/2 hours of wasted time]

I really find the icon pictures on ps annoying. I also hate searching for myself when I move tables.