Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: It\'s that time again...* *November Goals Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
If you are willing to use $300 cash, you should consider just playing a 5.50R turbo to the $175 double shootout. It might take a few tries to get it, but when you do, you can play few more sats and just build up your W$. Then instead of costing $300 for 1 $650 seat, it cost like $75, and you have a stockpile of W$ to try again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The $5.50 turbo rebuys are pretty good for picking up $W. Bingo like after the break but you can score enough times to pay your other sat entries.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) (trumps all others) Stop playing if I'm -EV or breakeven in college (I think this was my October goal too)
2) Win a Bodog guaranteed tournament
3) Figure out a way to get Excel for free so I can track results again (PM me, please).

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to openoffice.org and get that. It's freeware that emulates the MS office suite and can read/write to excel & word docs made originally in MS.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:50 PM

Exit: I just think that school helps you think better. I know that I'm a much smarter person for having been in college for 1.5 years now, and am damn proud of it. I just hate the idea of throwing away the opportunity to be surrounded by tons of really smart people who want to talk to you. I agree that the subject matter often blows (try different subjects?), but the way in which things are discussed at school impresses me.

Please don't make this decision hastily, as it's really hard to reverse and a pretty big deal.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:23 PM

i'm not doing it this instant, i'm probably going to finish this and next semester... but i've been at college as long as you have, and i dont think i'm any better for it (except for the social situations i was in, but thats nothing i cant get away from college).
Old 11-07-2005, 03:31 PM

I just graduated from UCSB and I hated school more than probably anyone else at the school...however, I knew it was still important for me to get a degree. Besides, all you are doing is going to school, mine as well stay in school and just play poker when your not studying. Its a lot better than getting a real job and playing poker isnt it? I mean if you want to you can sleep through class as you please. Can do that if your working part time. My suggestion is to take advantage of your time you have now to JUST go to school and have fun. Work sucks no matter how you look at it. I would delay getting a real job as long as you can and suck it up in the mean time. Trust me you will no what I mean when all is said and done.