Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2004, 04:15 PM

Default LAG problems

i have a friend that I play poker with and I would say he is a loose extremely aggressive player. He raises 90% of the time preflop with many chips. Now i am more of a tight aggressive player so he tends to eat away at my blinds. The flops that i do see if i even check one time he will raise the hell out of me. The only strategy that seems to work against him is slowplaying,checking because he will just bet into me, but its not often that you can slowplay a hand without getting drawn out on eventually. If im getting really bad waves of cards is it ok to call his preflop raises every now again even though the amount he is raising is ridiculous. I could use some tips on how to deal with this guy.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Re: LAG problems

I have a friend that is the same way. He plays fairly tight when he is low on chips, but once he wins a pot, look out! He looks at almost every hand and quadruples the blinds. The end result is that his chip stack goes up and down. He can't keep a chip lead for very long at all.

My suggestion on how to play him is to just wait for a good hand and check to him like you said. The wait may be long, but when you hit trips and he has a high pair, you can almost gauruntee that you'll be paid off well.