Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Dear bison... June 2005.

Dear Bison,

I'm in love with one of my best friends. She knows this but has been in a serious relationship for the last year. Last week we had dinner and a few drinks at my apartment and eventually hooked up (did not have sex). Neither of us were drunk (we agreed on this later). Although she said that although things aren't going well with her boyfriend (he's in Europe right now) she is going to stay with him out of a sense of loyaly and trying to make things work. She has told me she loves me and doesn't want to lose me as one of her best friends despite what happened.

Right now our relationship is in a weird spot obviously. Should I continue to hang out with her regularly and feel continuous angst or try to cut her out of my life? We have a great time when we are together and I think she feels the same way, but I'm not sure if its worth it for the rejection I implicitly feel.

-SmileyEH
Old 06-20-2005, 01:37 AM

Dear SmileyEH,

Put it in his butt.

-SmileyGEY
Old 06-20-2005, 01:42 AM

Dear JLS,

You're a good person for staying home.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:46 AM

Dear Smiley,

She has to sort herself out. Tell her you'd like to be together with her, and that you'd be happy to if she broke up with her boyfriend. Then take a month off from each other, let stuff cool down.

She may not be interested in you. Give her time to figure it out.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To make a good steak:

Don't cook it on one side the flips it and cook it on the other side. Flip it as often as possible. If you only flip it once then the juice rise to the top then you flip it and they all fall off. If you flip it often then the juices can't escape and you will have a very juicy steak.

[/ QUOTE ]
Repeatedly flipping a steak will lose you far more juices than just leaving it alone. But, as long as you refrain from cooking the hell out of your steak, you should have enough juices left in it regardless of how many times you flip it.
One more thing: you should indeed sear both sides of a steak before letting it cook, but it's not to "keep the juices in." It's to caramelize the surface, which gives you the flavor combinations that you associate with a really good steak. This is called the Maillard reaction.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:59 AM

if you and her have gone out, hooked up, and she wants to stick it out with the bf youre not the one, sorry, please try again.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:07 AM

This was basically what I figured. We didn't go out per se though. Basically did what we normally do, cooked food drank some wine and beer and hung out. Just ended up with some clothes off this time.

-SmileyEH
Old 06-20-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Smiley,

She has to sort herself out. Tell her you'd like to be together with her, and that you'd be happy to if she broke up with her boyfriend. Then take a month off from each other, let stuff cool down.

She may not be interested in you. Give her time to figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is solid (as always). I was recently in this situation, but on the other side (I was the bf in Europe). Things ended up working out, but I can see how they could go the other way just as easily. Time is key here.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear 18G,

Most chinesey food is not challenging. Make a stir-fry. Buy some bell peppers that are bright and nice colors - orange, red. they'll show well show nice against white rice.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would recommend a spinach and rainbow veggie salad (with a homemade or store bought ginger dressing) and an appetizer.

if she likes tuna steaks a great easy appetizer is thinly sliced peppered and seared tuna. take a few capfulls of olive oil (more for 2 whole tuna steaks) and put it into a ziplock bag w/ lemon juice and black pepper. put tuna steak(s) in ziplock bag and massage the tuna steaks in the maranade.

then prep the steaks for cooking by covering them w/ black pepper on all sides while the pan heats up w/ olive oil. cook tuna until its evenly grey on all sides and warm and red on the inside. the cooking of each steak should take around 2-4 minutes depending on thickness (about 30 seconds on each side)

thinly slice and present in a layover circle w/ a small bowl of soy sauce (or other dipping sauce) in center of circle and garnish with small greens.

-Barron
Old 06-20-2005, 02:42 AM

Dear bison,

You are a sonofabitch for creating ADHOC. I quit and went to sleep with less than 2 hours left. I lost over $500 because I went on wild donktard tilt.

My question is: when should I try it again?