Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 06:18 AM

Default KK. getting raised and reraised on the flop, when to muck?

After the hand I, was shocked at how a played it. Felt like I went on tilt during the hand if that would explaine something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Should I check fold the turn?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
Old 01-26-2005, 06:32 AM

Default Re: KK. getting raised and reraised on the flop, when to muck?

Why would you check fold the turn? Do you have any reads on the villian? Like, is he a LP who would only raise with a set, or the str8? Reads here would be good.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:37 AM

again, reads would be nice, but without them you are insane to check/fold the turn. I play it the EXACT same as you.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:51 AM

You are showing this hand down. Check/call if you need to, but do not fold it. You hand is that good/will draw out often enough to goto the end.

Brad
Old 01-26-2005, 07:50 AM

Default Reads and thoughts

I saw him as loose, but slightly moore agressive as the normal l-p-p. This read wasn't that sure, had only been sitting with him for about 20 hands. Sorry for not posting any reads got abit carried away [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Thx for the help. Have had a feeling that I have been overplaying my big pocket pairs.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:08 AM

I play it the same preflop and flop, but I probably check-call the turn and river. Reads would help, and in my experience even the loosest, most aggressive low limit players wouldn't cap with anything you can currently beat (perhaps JJ or QQ(???) or something).

This is one of those hands I wish I could just force myself to fold on the turn, because 95%+ of the time I'm beat.

I might think about trying one more bet on the turn to see if he slows down, and then folding to a raise. It's a sizeable pot, but I dunno... unless I'd seen him play insanely aggressive before I'd really consider folding.

EDIT == On second thought, I'd actually consider hands like JJ or QQ to be highly unlikely because people that are willing to cap with them on the flop when unders hit usually would have reraised preflop.