Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Monosuited-flop playalong (weird hand)

MP2 is a LAG who will raise or reraise any A pf and has been lucksacking my stack off for the last hour and surely thinks I suck eggs at this point.

CO has only been at the table a couple orbits and has played pretty TAGish so far. At this point I think he's capable of pumping a draw.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 2999291332 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is UTG+1 with <font color="black">T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="green">T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> (10 Players)
1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, 2 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, MP2 calls, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, CO calls, 2 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (8.50 SB) <font color="blue">2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> (4 Players)
BB checks, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="blue">HERO???</font>

edited to say the flop bet can be debated. (This playalong will only have one more decision to make.)
Old 11-08-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Monosuited-flop playalong (weird hand)

bleh. our hand is highly vulnerable if it's best, and we likely can't get anyone to fold.

i don't hate the flop bet since MP2 could very likely raise any 2 cards and help us out. but now...i think i call the raise and see what the turn brings.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:08 PM

I'm folding the flop. Each of the 3 villains seem interested in their hands. We have middle pair on a 3 flush board.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP2 is a LAG who will raise or reraise any A pf and has been lucksacking my stack off for the last hour and surely thinks I suck eggs at this point.

CO has only been at the table a couple orbits and has played pretty TAGish so far. At this point I think he's capable of pumping a draw.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 2999291332 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is UTG+1 with <font color="black">T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="green">T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> (10 Players)
1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, 2 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, MP2 calls, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, CO calls, 2 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (8.50 SB) <font color="blue">2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> (4 Players)
BB checks, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="blue">HERO???</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I called. I'm still meh about that but when in doubt I usually pay to see the next card.

Four to the turn for 4+BB's
The turn is the T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
The action gets checked through!

Four to the river for 4+BB's

The river is 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
The action is checked to CO who bets. There's a fold and it's back on me with the LAG left to act...HERO???
Old 11-08-2005, 01:27 PM

If you're thinking about calling this river then you should have betted out yourself. Personally I'm checkfolding since my hand is no good 4 way.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're thinking about calling this river then you should have betted out yourself. Personally I'm checkfolding since my hand is no good 4 way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You prefer betting into four players to checking and possibly calling a CO bet?

What range of hands do you put CO on now? That turn check was very fishy. Looks like he got scared to me. I think there's a decent chance I have him beat and there's only one guy left to act (albeit a LAG who's been eating me for lunch but he's been quiet so far this hand) The pot is puny now so I guess it really doesn't matter...
Old 11-08-2005, 02:31 PM

It looks like you have CO beat. But what is your read on the LAG? Does he slowplay when he has something and bet when he's whiffed?
Old 11-08-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like you have CO beat. But what is your read on the LAG? Does he slowplay when he has something and bet when he's whiffed?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's only shown down winners and has played them all fast so far but I haven't seen him with the nuts yet. He would probably have bet the flop with naked A or K of [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and certainly with a made low flush (he had two chances to raise)

Besides that I have no clue what he's peeling this flop with. The turn getting checked through made this hand near impossible to put him on a hand. All I know is that he would have bet the river with a high flush card.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:07 PM

Nm betting this river would be bad too. I think all your choices on the river suck. I would've let it go on the flop though. You're left with a tough decision where its easy to make a mistake. I think part of poker is avoiding putting yourself in tough spots like these.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:07 PM

I called the river MP2 folded. CO had a set of 5's MHIG.

CO typed "boo" in the chat box. I was in fact way behind on the flop and should have probably folded there. I suck out goot.