Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Re: very deep stars 10/20

[ QUOTE ]
he isnt representing an overpair, he has 2p+, air, or a monster draw. If he has an overpair this riase is a bluff of sorts(i.e. he isnt value betting the river).

[/ QUOTE ]

I know he's representing a hand stronger than an overpair, but I could see an overpair checkraising here after coming to the conclusion that he is ahead of your hand range, thinking you will fold a lot of hands with outs that will only put money in on the river if they improve, including some draws that would be difficult to play against on the river.

Putting the commitment decision on you while planning to not put another penny in the pot if reraised.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:37 AM

Honestly, he could have anything right here, but most likely a good hand. And I think you should just call the reraise and get the rest in on the river when you improve. You won't win this hand unless you improve, cause it's pretty obvious now that he has a hand he's prolly not going to fold.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:23 AM

if by suicide you mean a great experience not to be missed!

hitting your draw close to half the time and having any sort of fold equity whatsoever makes this a correct push

the only question is whether we make more money by hitting and getting paid off almost always and always fold when we miss, just taking the best case scenario of the flip

show of hands, how many of you guys even know the odds for a oesf draw after the turn? ;-)
Old 10-21-2005, 04:27 AM

Uhhh... Call?

Also everyone assuming this means Hall wants to show down is very wrong. His CR here does not mean he has a hand necessarily. So I call because I have plenty of outs and although im lacky immediate odds I have sufficient implied odds. I also can win the pot sometimes when I dont improve.

-Jason
Old 10-21-2005, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhhh... Call?

Also everyone assuming this means Hall wants to show down is very wrong. His CR here does not mean he has a hand necessarily. So I call because I have plenty of outs and although im lacky immediate odds I have sufficient implied odds. I also can win the pot sometimes when I dont improve.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean you're pushing any river if he checks?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if by suicide you mean a great experience not to be missed!

hitting your draw close to half the time and having any sort of fold equity whatsoever makes this a correct push

the only question is whether we make more money by hitting and getting paid off almost always and always fold when we miss, just taking the best case scenario of the flip

show of hands, how many of you guys even know the odds for a oesf draw after the turn? ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

15 cards improve us. There are 46 unknown cards in the deck. We make this about 1/3 of the time. That's not very impressive, and significantly less than half the time.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:21 AM

Oops. I'm a dumbass

Feel free to flame me for retarded comments, I need to learn.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:24 AM

Thanks for defending me, but I should know better.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this mean you're pushing any river if he checks?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:59 AM

durrrr, you played it perfectly so far! Read the answers from Jason Strasser about how to end the hand.