Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 08:03 AM

Default Re: 2001FP

Just ordered my 2nd one for 492 shipped + tax. I can't wait till i have 2 [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 08:11 AM

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for shopping with Dell!
Congratulations! Your order shipped on
06-20-2005

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think it was going to go through...good old Ashmir in Dell "customer care" (fricken joke that is) came through. I had almost given up to wait till the next sale, logging a list of lessons learned.

Now the week and a half worth of shipping...

-Ryan
Old 06-21-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You absolute must use a DVI cable, VGA makes the image very blurry in comparison. It's a lot better on the eyes. Ghosting exists, but it's not worse than any other high quality TFT's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my lord this looks nice. One question though. I connected it using the blue video cable because there doesn't seem to be a DVI connection on my computer. I looked at the DVI cable and I don't even think I've ever seen a connection look like that. How do I use this white DVI cable?

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have a video card that supports DVI. There are low-end DVI video cards that aren't too expensive. In my opinion, it's worth it to upgrade for DVI (if you get a cheaper card of course).

[/ QUOTE ]

How expensive is not too expensive? I see them starting around $60, but I have no idea as to whether or not they are any good. I don't play any games other than poker, but I may watch a movie from time to time, and eventually want a TV tuner.
Thanks
Old 06-21-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, my laptop has no DVI, am I screwed for this connection? I do not believe I can change my video card. No big deal really, it looks pretty good with the blue cable, and my next purchase will probably be a knew computer so I can run two of these monsters.

[/ QUOTE ]

what kind of laptop?

look into getting a port replicator. I know for my thinkpad I do not have a DVI output on the laptop, but the port replicator does. port replicator ~= $100
Old 06-21-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You absolute must use a DVI cable, VGA makes the image very blurry in comparison. It's a lot better on the eyes. Ghosting exists, but it's not worse than any other high quality TFT's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Orca, u use two 2001? If so, what video card do u use? With 2 DVI ports and yet no overkill expensive 256mb video card? I only find cards with 1 VGA and 1 DVI...
Old 06-21-2005, 11:26 PM

Yes I am also wondering if anyone could recommend a video card with two dvis that is not to expensive
Old 06-21-2005, 11:48 PM

Just got my 2001FP, it looks sweet. Now I just hope that the port replicator I ordered has a DVI port, if not, well then I'll deal with VGA for now until I build a new desktop, which will probably be around the time I get my 2nd 2001FP.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I am also wondering if anyone could recommend a video card with two dvis that is not to expensive

[/ QUOTE ]

Do these cards even exist? I thought that most people just bought a second video card on a PCI slot for connecting a second monitor. It seems odd for a graphics card to have two DVI slots.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:43 AM

They have them but the ones I have seen are all over 100 dollars so I was wondering if there were any cheaper versions.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:19 AM

Holy [censored] this think is [censored] huge! So glad I upgraded from 4 tabling on my 17 inch CRT.