Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 12:37 AM

Default Flopped the Devil\'s Hand..now what?

Flopped a set of 6's..tried to stay aggressive, but meeting some resistance. No real reads on any of the other participants.

I lurk a lot in here and don't always have time to post, but I am going to try hard to be more active in posting hands from now on. Reading only gets you so far. Time to put myself out there. Thanks in advance for the help.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Wisch is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG+2 posts a blind of $1.
Wisch calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 (poster) checks, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BIUTG+1_74 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Wisch raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, BIUTG+1_74 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Wisch raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Wisch caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (23 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Wisch calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 26 BB, between SB, BB, Wisch and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (26 BB).</font>
Old 08-23-2004, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Flopped the Devil\'s Hand..now what?

Looks good to me. BB have AQ?
Old 08-23-2004, 03:36 AM

I'm raising the river for value. Back door flush betting out the whole time?
Old 08-23-2004, 03:53 AM

I don't raise the river for value as a backdoor flush and 4 card straight are on the board, but i definately call it.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:20 AM

Reading hastily I missed the straight. Would you still just call if only the backdoor flush had come in?
Old 08-23-2004, 04:41 PM

Default Question

Would anyone just call the flop here to induce overcalls? Just curious because that was my first instinct (given the fairly uncoordinated board) and I want to know if that's bad or not [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2004, 05:00 PM

I agree with the way you played the hand, except for maybe the capping at the turn. With a possible straight on the board, it would pay to be a little more cautious.

SB have a Q4? It seems strange that he never bet or check-raised with something that could beat your set.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:05 PM

Default Results

SB showed 8-4o to take it down. He had the straight on the turn. Not sure why he never raised it, but I guess the others (including me) were doing it for him. River club must have scared him as he didn't raise there either.

Not convinced I should have slowed down the Turn. No guaranties that a straight was made, and I still had outs to a boat. I guess the monster was really under the bed this time.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:13 PM

I think you played this fine. Since BB got a free play, you can't put him on much of anything. He almost certainly doesn't have QQ and it's doubtful that he'd have AQs, so the only thing you should worry about is a junky straight.