Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-29-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: a line i like.......

he's 50/20/5 man, he's gonna put a lot of bets in with a worse hand. Do you know what a 5 AF for a 50 VPIP player means, even after 100 hands?? I think his range is heavy on hands he likes (meaning draws or hands he wants to showdown) and very light in hands he is folding to flop/turn aggression from you. When these guys actually have a showdownable hand like bottom pair, they often check/call the river, despite their crazy aggression
Old 12-29-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's 50/20 man, he's gonna put a lot of bets in with a worse hand. I think his range is heavy on hands he likes (meaning draws or hands he wants to showdown) and very light in hands he is folding to flop/turn aggression for you. When these guys actually have a showdownable hand like bottom pair, they often check/call the river, despite their crazy aggression

[/ QUOTE ]

well, the only hand that i didn't want him holding (given my line) was JT. I wanted him to be keep betting a hand like 88. for whatver reason, the line just felt right in this spot.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:09 PM

i guarentee you he's not folding 88 ever. Might as well let him put in multipe bets with like QK or JT or whatever. If you wait till the river to raise he's probably not going to 3bet QK. If you raise it on the flop he usually will and you can call and raise the turn. THere's a good chance he'd 3bet turn w/ it too
Old 12-29-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guarentee you he's not folding 88 ever. Might as well let him put in multipe bets with like QK or JT or whatever. If you wait till the river to raise he's probably not going to 3bet QK. If you raise it on the flop he usually will and you can call and raise the turn. THere's a good chance he'd 3bet turn w/ it too

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, get involved on the flop. Getting 3-bet by worse hands on the flop is sweet.

Krishan
Old 12-30-2005, 05:20 AM

I know in this situation I don't wait until the river, though I like popping him on the turn more than the flop.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know in this situation I don't wait until the river, though I like popping him on the turn more than the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo a turn pop means strength and will allow him to fold hands that he is crushed on. the river pop is so weird that it often gets a "wtf?" call. which is exactly what happened here.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

imo a turn pop means strength and will allow him to fold hands that he is crushed on. the river pop is so weird that it often gets a "wtf?" call. which is exactly what happened here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the others, against a guy who is frequently going to war with top and mid pairs your missing entirely too much value by waiting for the river. There are spots and villians where this line is great but in this scenario I think your missing bets.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the others, against a guy who is frequently going to war with top and mid pairs your missing entirely too much value by waiting for the river. There are spots and villians where this line is great but in this scenario I think your missing bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i think position is very important here. spazztards like this often go nuts with position, not without it.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

well, i think position is very important here. spazztards like this often go nuts with position, not without it

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree but I think bad turn calls are more frequent than river bluffs. Out of position we can bet 3bet, with it we can raise cap [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] That said there are types of players with these stats where I would me more prone to take this line than others.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:51 AM

I like it and use it quite often. The thing with a high aggression factor is that it comes from betting/raising a lot and not calling much. In other words players with high aggression factors may often fold to a turn raise.

That's why I like to keep him bluffing and pop him on the river.