Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Pascal\'s Wager and Free Bets

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To Scientologists, Scientolgists have reasonable evidence and Christians have no evidence.

In fact, this is an excellent comparison. Can you give us any facts that make Christianity more likely to be true than Scientology?

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me any evidence for Xenu and the alleged goings on 70 million years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]Are you joking? Your existance is enough proof that L Ron Hubbard is correct. Your thetens are making you not believe the truth. Let them run your life if you wish, I will laugh at you from the clear state. You suffer from a egocentric worldview.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To Scientologists, Scientolgists have reasonable evidence and Christians have no evidence.

In fact, this is an excellent comparison. Can you give us any facts that make Christianity more likely to be true than Scientology?

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me any evidence for Xenu and the alleged goings on 70 million years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

now show me proof that god created the earth 5000 years ago and gave his son Jesus for our sins. Every religion has their magic book that proves them right and everyone else wrong.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:23 PM

Perhaps you are one of those scientologist who has paid the requisite 300K+ to reach the top level and can answer a question for me. Did Xenu really die once and for all? Or is he like Sauron, merely gathering his strength to reassume physical form and once again become the evil galactic ruler?
Old 11-21-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
now show me proof that god created the earth 5000 years ago

[/ QUOTE ]

You got the wrong type of christian here. If you really read this forum regularly you would know that.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got the wrong type of christian here. If you really read this forum regularly you would know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah so you're the church of england type who doesn't really believe in god.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah so you're the church of england type who doesn't really believe in god.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now thats the least nuts religon.

chez
Old 11-21-2005, 03:33 PM

Bluff,

Sorry for the interruption here. But, I want to make sure you are following my dialogue with our lost sheep, Peter, in the "COUPLE QUESTIONS FOR XNS" thread. You might have a freeroll there waiting for you, compliments of your truly.

RJT
Old 11-21-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you are one of those scientologist who has paid the requisite 300K+ to reach the top level and can answer a question for me. Did Xenu really die once and for all? Or is he like Sauron, merely gathering his strength to reassume physical form and once again become the evil galactic ruler?

[/ QUOTE ]

A religion based on Lord of the Rings is no less absurd than one based on the bible. They're both old moralistic books with a cult following that have been made into long pointless films. But at least LOTR has hot elf chicks.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:40 PM

this is just 1 of several posts on this subject, still, noone has given any cogent reason why this should be considered a 'wager'. we can do this kind of wagering about anything-----i should be nice to my neighbor because he may have 100,000 in his will for me. that is, i shall wager that he has 100,000 designated for me and follow thru on my part and be nice. the wager argument viz a viz god is trivially circular: to make the wager on the existence of god a true wager you already have to believe in his existence. if you don't then the process is something like the "as-ifing" in scientology, the 'believing makes it so' of our grandmas, and most anything said by peter pan or michael jackson. after all, we can play silly word-games about most anything...............b
Old 11-21-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You are not clear enough to handle the truth. You must be clean to understand the nature of Xenu. You are puttin your theten controled thoughts above your own. Give scientology a chance, after all what to you have to lose. Either you will be cleared of evil thetens, or you never really had thetens to begin with. It is a win-win situation.