Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Fold Or Call Down?

I'd like some advice about how to continue with this hand.

BB is 18% / 0% / 2.00, over ~30 hands.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero?
Old 09-11-2005, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Fold Or Call Down?

I would two bet to see where you are at. You may be able to shut out the third player from calling cold, but it's OK if you don't, too. It may be just dead money entering the pot. Generally, if it's a diamond draw, at this limit he's not going anywhere anyway, and it's dead money to the pot if he misses. Don't discount your four outs for your gutshot.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:36 AM

i don't have a gutshot here.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:41 AM

Whoa, my bad, read that wrong, sorry.

Anyway, my play still stands, two bet to see where you're at.
I just can't see folding here, unless of course your opponents are far different from the average at this level. You may possibly still have the best hand here.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:47 AM

This is a bad board for TPTK. You could call down but BB has seen you raise preflop and bet the flop so he probably figures you have a Jack. You're going to see JT or KQ at the end here, frequently, and you don't really want to see another diamond. Pot's small, you have another player behind you, I'd fold.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:05 AM

Grunch
I like a raise here to protect my hand. You might still have the best hand. I want to give MP1 2 bets to call his K2o.

If I get MP1 to fold, I'll call or check behind on the river.

While BB could have KQ or TT, he could also have KTs or even QTs or a wide range of other hands that you beat.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, my play still stands, two bet to see where you're at. I just can't see folding here

[/ QUOTE ]

these sentences don't go together and is unwise advice.

i want to get to this showdown quickly and cheapily as possible. i'd rather not get 3-bet by BB and MP2 if he is on an OESD/flush draw, he's staying in but we're not helping our situation by raising. if MP2 does have K2o (as someone suggested), he's drawing to 3 outs and is already making a mistake being in the hand, let him stay.

just because we raised preflop and bet the flop, does not give credit for a jack. it simply gives credit for raising preflop and betting the flop.

unless you have a read of his other donkbets, i'd call down- he could have an OESD+flush draw combo with T or any other number of junk.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
unless you have a read of his other donkbets, i'd call down- he could have an OESD+flush draw combo with T or any other number of junk.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whew, thank you. I can't fathom raising or folding this turn.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:24 AM

I'm raising and seeing how it plays from there.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:44 AM

Raising does make it a more difficult decision for MP1 if he has a flush draw. That's a positive.

If we are 3 bet here I reckon we're beat and can let it go vs this supposedly passive player.